Create Public S3 Bucket for Wordpress Plugin

Hello
I have created a bucket via storj DCS and have configured my wordpress S3 plugin with the accessId, secretKey, Endpoint. It was successfully accessing the bucket (upload/delete, etc.), but seems not to be possible to access the files via public URLs. Normally I would make the bucket public, but in storj (DCS) I did not find an option like that?
Can someone help in this regard? Or give me some tips/references for further research?

Would appreciate any help!

Thanks

Hello @letsdothat254 ,
Welcome to the forum!

Storj-hosted S3 Compatible Gateway - Storj DCS doesn’t support direct publishing. To generate public URL you need to use uplink share command, see:

However, you can use an aws s3 presign command to generate a shareable URL.

1 Like

Hey just wondering are you using it for backup?

Since they need to have a public URL to access files in the bucket, they trying to host content there but want to delegate hosting of static content to our service. It’s possible, but for normal work they would need to proxy it anyway because of CORS and https.

Hello!

I think Host a Static Website with the Uplink CLI and Linksharing Service | Storj Docs is the direct link that you need. Once you set up things as described in this tutorial, if Cloudflare is your DNS provider it will transparently support adding TLS for you.

Nice information thanks for sharing

Informative post, Appreciable.