Creating identity

this part

Did you already do it on the desktop?

yes… i’d done it before for another node which Ive closed to just copied it across

If you did it once you dont do it again… Less you just copied the old nodes identity files over to the pi.
Then you need to create a new identity on the PC then authorize it on the pc like the first node.

so just copying the files across is ok?

If you copied your old identity files I would delete asap on the PI, And create a new identity with a different command instead of storagenode put storagenode2

ok done… whys that?

You have to create a new identity for each node you cant use the same one. If theres 6 files they its already been authorized if you have only 4 files you need to authorize it. If you would have ran the same identity on the pi you would have ended up getting DQed on your other node.

Are you saying that you already have a node that is running on another machine and you just want to run it on the pi instead?

I’ve killed my other Node… its gone and off line deleted

correct… i delete the last node but do have the back of the ID files

Im very confused what your trying to do right now, Your title says creating identity not moving nodes.

i decide not to move it as couldnt work it out, so have just started again but didnt know I could re-use the ID…
So i’m now running a new ID as you suggest on my pc and will copy that pver once its done

Alright yes that makes more sense now, Yes you cannot use the same identity for a different node. The data is tied to that identity.

I’ll try again tomorrow…
So confused now by trying to install docker which is the next part in the instructions !
thanks for the help

Could you remind us what you exactly want to do?
Indeed, the thread title is a little bit confusing.