Dashboard - Meaning of "Disk space used this month"

Dear all,

it is not clear to me the meaning of the “Disk Space Used This Month” box. If I look at the documentation it does not help me either.

The amount of total disk space used on a storage node in the current monthly period, for which a **storage node is paid $1.50/TB.**

What is meant with “on a storage node”? Which one?! And why is unit TB*h and not just TB? Is the meaning of this information to let everyone know how much the service has been used during the month? I believe this should be the information that it was meant to be shared, so that each SNO knows if there is traffic or not and relate his node performance to the rest of the network, correct?

Furthermore by looking at the scale of the Y axis there is something wrong or (most probably) I am not understanding something: 07

If the amount stated on top is = 683.84TBh why is the Y axis showing something included between 25 and 30 TBh? Is it only me?

Thanks!

1 Like

1 TB stored for 1 month is 1 TBm, 1 TB stored for 1 hour is 1 TBh. 1 TBm = 720 TBh, given 30 days in a month. It’s similar to electricity, you have a device which uses 1 kW and let it run for 1 hour and it will use 1 kWh.

The graph shows one data point per day. It looks like you have ~ 1.1 TB stored, so it is ~ 26.4 TBh per day and after 25 days ~660 TBh…

3 Likes

Also, if the data has been deleted it will not be accounted anymore from that moment. The previous value would not change.

what it is and how it works disk space used this month? (1.59TB*h)

it account how much data you have and how long time do you stor it.
for example if you have 1GB of data and stor it 24h then you will have 24GB*h
Payment is 1.5$ when you store 1TB for 1 month= 720h

1 Like

Hi,
is there anybody who can tell me what this graph will tell me?
------ Disk Space Used This Month - TB*h -----

It will not compare with Igress or Egrass like i saw.
There will be around 600.00TB*h until now for this month.

What is the meaning of this graph?
TB = TerraByte?
h = Hours?

Can anyone give me the math to calculate manually?
It seems for me to be totally different to Igress+Egress over time.

Thank you

Hi @Dragon ,

This is for the total amount of used storage, so not directly related to ingress or egress. The closest measure would be all time ingress - all time deletions. It is calculated similar to electricity usage in kWh.

This would be almost impossible to calculate manually as files are downloaded and deleted constantly.

2 Likes

1TB stored for 1h = 1TBh
1TB stored for 1 day = 24TB
h
etc.

2 Likes

Perfect. That answer my question.
Thank you Stob and donald.