Dashboard says my node if offline

I encountered a problem and have lost my identity folder so i made a new one.
But i cannot run my new node.
no problem during installation of docker or other setup but dashboard says my node if offline. I already encountered this problem on my windows computer and fixed it by using notepad++ to edit my command line. It is note working here neither with notepad++ or nano or the text editor of linuxmint…

Did you update the port forwarding rule to use a new IP?
Have you configured the DDNS updater on your router?
If you do not use DDNS, then check - maybe your public IP has changed: Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router

Also, is the container actually running?

docker logs --tail 20 storagenode

Please, check your identity too: Identity - Node Operator

Hello alexey, thank you for answer :slight_smile :slight_smile:

Yes, port forwarding is updated to use new IP.

I configured the DDNS updater but i cannot launch it automatically at start of linux. When following the instructions in the readme file of noip2.1.9, it said that i should save a script at /etc/init.d under the name rcX.d where X is supposed to be the value obtained with the following command :
grep initdefault /etc/inittab | awk -F: ‘{print $2}’
the problem is i do not have any folder /etc/inittab, i only have an init and and an init.d folder.

when testing port forwarding with your link it says that port 28967 is colsed on my IP. I guess this is not good.

docker logs --tail 20 storagenode gives me the following :
ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {“Satellite ID”: “121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6”, “attempts”: 3, “error”: "ping satellite error: failed to dial storage node (ID: 12vaR7tAsck9tEBG7wFAkU7bbVm9wMxXAaeb3BHGAnAmezgFhCm) at address gandalfnodes.ddns.net:28967: rpc: tls
this is just a part of the terminal answer because i cannot post more than 2 links in the same message on the forum.

I don’t understand your command to check identity, am i supposed to replace “Node” and “Operator” by something like “storagenode” and “mymail@mail.com” ?

I would recommend to configure DDNS updater on your router instead. It’s usually in the DDNS section.

This part of the error suggest that you identity is not signed.

The check command just counts BEGIN sections in the ca.cert and identity.cert, you need to specify your current path to these files, if it’s different from default.