Data from deactivated satellites

Hello everyone,

when moving my two nodes to another machine, I noticed that I still have data from these two deactivated satellites:

europe-north-1
blobs folder: 6r2fgwqz3manwt4aogq343bfkh2n5vvgg4ohqqgggrrunaaaaaaaa

us2
blobs folder: arej6usf33ki2kukzd5v6xgry2tdr56g45pp3aao6llsaaaaaaaa

Can I just delete them? Do I have to issue a command to delete them “properly”?

Thank you very much!

Greetings CubeFan

1 Like

Great, thank you.

Let me get this straight.
My config is here:
C:\Program Files\Storj1\Storage Node\config.yaml
My identity here (6 files):
Y:\Storj\Identity\storagenode
The Storj data is located here:
Y:\Storj\

So I have to open the windows cmd in the folder where storj is installed and use this command? Or without the config.yaml?

storagenode forget-satellite --force 12rfG3sh9NCWiX3ivPjq2HtdLmbqCrvHVEzJubnzFzosMuawymB 12tRQrMTWUWwzwGh18i7Fqs67kmdhH9t6aToeiwbo5mfS2rUmo --config-dir "C:\Program Files\Storj1\Storage Node\config. yaml" --identity-dir "Y:\Storj\Identity\storagenode\"

I’m not sure why I use linux, but it should be correct

almost
it should be

storagenode forget-satellite --force 12rfG3sh9NCWiX3ivPjq2HtdLmbqCrvHVEzJubnzFzosMuawymB 12tRQrMTWUWwzwGh18i7Fqs67kmdhH9t6aToeiwbo5mfS2rUmo --config-dir "C:\Program Files\Storj1\Storage Node\\" --identity-dir "Y:\Storj\Identity\storagenode\\"

note the double backslashes - they’re important

2 Likes

Thanks, it worked like this for me

storagenode forget-satellite --force 12rfG3sh9NCWiX3ivPjq2HtdLmbqCrvHVEzJubnzFzosMuawymB  12tRQrMTWUWwzwGh18i7Fqs67kmdhH9t6aToeiwbo5mfS2rUmo   --config-dir Y:\Storj\ --identity-dir Y:\Storj\Identity\storagenode\

config-dir does not mean the location of the config but where the folder order and storage is located

1 Like

Yes, it’s also depends on what shell you have used… If you use a PowerShell - the double backslash at the end is not needed, but if you use a cmd - it’s needed for some reason, especially if you use quotes.