Database is locked. What is the reason? What is the possible solution?

4 posts were split to a new topic: What is the worst that would happen if I delete all of my SQLite databases and restart storagenode?

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: What is the worst that would happen if I delete all of my SQLite databases and restart storagenode?

Hello,
Do you think moving the databases to SSD is worth for small storage capacity, like 2 TB node ?
Thx

It’s not about capacity but more about your node facing the issue or not. In my personal opinion, if your node doesn’t face database locked issue then don’t move the dbs. This goes with the saying Don't fix something that's not broken.

2 Likes

if your disk is very busy it might help give it some breathing room, if its latency is low then there will most likely be little gain… also i’ve not seen any of the db locked issues for like a week now… tho i’m still on 1.3.3 ofc right now traffic is kinda low… so not easy to gauge it right now…and so i wait…
have had the db locked issue when my node is doing cleaning … but no currently it seems… which is a bit odd because it use to be quite persistent… maybe whatever the storjlings did to fix it helped a lot with minimizing the issue.

Why? v1.4.2 was released a while ago and 1.5.2 is out.

just haven’t switched yet, wanted to see if i could bring back my db locked issue so i got an idea about what changed to make it vanish.

so ill most likely end up jumping directly to 1.5.2