Delete orders files

My node crashed and would not start.
I tried removing the db files but the node got stuck on the orders db.
Finally, I deleted the files in orders and the dbs and then the node started.
What is going on there?
1.56.4 docker

Sounds like a database corruption. You may try to fix your databases https://support.storj.io/hc/en-us/articles/360029309111-How-to-fix-a-database-disk-image-is-malformed-

Without any logs or other info provided, you’re asking us to guess?

There is no orders db. Orders stored in flat text files. Append only. 2 hours later the hole batch gets submitted to the satellite.

These flat text files contain paychecks. Deleting them isn’t a big deal but if you have to do that for what ever reason maybe try to delete just the one that is corrupted and submitt the remaining order batches.

The first time I tried to start the node I got this

Error: Error starting master database on storagenode: database: piece_spaced_used opening file "config/storage/piece_spaced_used.db" failed: unable to open database file: no such file or directory

then later after deleting *.db

Error: Error creating tables for master database on storagenode: migrate: database: storage_usage opening file "config/storage/storage_usage.db" failed: unable to open database file: no such file or directory

Then I deleted orders// and *db and then it works

I suppose it is coincidence

That first one sounds more like a rights issue to me. I don’t think it’s wise to just delete all db’s. It can survive, but you delete all stats. As for the orders, you won’t get paid for the ones you deleted. But I guess that isn’t that big a deal as it’s at most about 2 hours worth. But yeah, next time take a more subtle approach. In the mean time just to be sure, run a file system check to make sure there is no further corruption. And make sure you don’t have sudden power loss events etc.

I finally got to the bottom of this…
I had re-used a disk that I used for chia. That disk I formatted with largefile4. On running storagenode on it, it was running out of inodes.
Deleting orders was just freeing a load of inodes.
So if a disk is out of inodes storagenode gives an incorrect error about missing db files

2022-08-24 04:01:28,004 INFO success: storagenode-updater entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
Error: Error starting master database on storagenode: database: piece_expiration opening file "config/storage/piece_expiration.db" failed: unable to open database file: no such file or directory
	storj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*DB).openDatabase:324
	storj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*DB).openExistingDatabase:306
	storj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*DB).openDatabases:281
	storj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.OpenExisting:248
	main.cmdRun:193
	storj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:372
	storj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:390
	github.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:852
	github.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:960
	github.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:897
	storj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfigAndLogger:93
	main.main:479
	runtime.main:255
2022-08-24 04:01:28,265 INFO exited: storagenode (exit status 1; not expected)
de here

The database files are fine but I suppose the shm and wal can’t be creaetd

There is

-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 283758592 Aug 22 22:27 /data/data1/storage/orders.db
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 32768 Aug 24 06:37 /data/data1/storage/orders.db-shm
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 0 Aug 24 06:37 /data/data1/storage/orders.db-wal