Did anybody tried oracle free tier as vpn?

No, as I stated above:

You have to modify that file. It probably has already some lookalike rules in it.

There’s also just a wireguard app for your phone.

Moreover, you can just copy-past the contents of the created conf-file in your home folder on the server (if you used the angristan-install script) to the /etc/wireguard/[wireguard-adapter-name-you-wish].conf on your client and then enable it on your client (so your Storj-node) with systemctl enable wg-quick@[wireguard-adapter-name-you-wish] after you installed wireguard of course with something like apt install wireguard.

I don’t see why you are using docker to get this done. If you want to make sure the wireguard doesn’t influence your OS, you probably should consider to setup the whole thing withing a lxc-container.

My setup actually looks like this

_____________________________            _______________________________________
| VPN-server, with the config |  <====>  |  Debian host                          |
|_____________________________|          |   __________________________________  |
                                         |  | LXC-container (wireguard client) | |
                                         |  |  _________________________       | |
                                         |  | | Docker (network = host) |      | |
                                         |  | |_________________________|      | |
                                         |  |__________________________________| |
                                         |_______________________________________|

Might there be a neater way, for sure. Is it easy to maintain? You bet…

1 Like