Disk Space TB*h showing 0 for the last 3 days

Hi there,

As per the screenshot, my disk space used has gone from a significant amount to absolutely zero in the last 24-48 hours.

The only thing that I’ve done differently is that I installed a S.M.A.R.T HDD disk drive checker yesterday to check the quality of the hard drive (only 6 months old and passed all checks).

I’m really worried - is there anything I can do to ‘hard reset’ to get it working again??

I’ve tried restarting the node via the services menu, and also restarting the computer.

Thanks so much for your help - it’s taken so long to build up the data, so I really don’t want it to fail now!

Hi @lookitsbenfb

Don’t be worried.

If everything else on the node is as it should be i.e. suspension, audit and uptime scores, then just leave the node as it is.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for the reassurance, really appreciate it!

Thanks everyone for reporting this issue. Turns out to be a minor bug with the recent updates as part of the effort to fix the spikes in the disk used space graph.

We have a PR ready to resolve it: https://review.dev.storj.io/c/storj/storj/+/8219.

7 Likes

it certainly fixed the spikes alright :smiley:
nice to know that it is still something being looked at, those inconsistencies was so annoying to look at, don’t really notice them anymore or its been a while…

also think i’m a bit biased because i’m pretty much blind the to disk space used graph since it has been weird for so long…
it does give the most impressive numbers tho… i like when my stuff counts in petabytes

2 Likes

I feel the same, I really don’t look at this graph anymore. And as it’s chaotic and delayed, I’m not even sure it’s relevant to leave it on the dashboard tbh…

2 Likes

Is the issue resolved?
I have got mine 0 Disk Space Usage in 19-20 of August, depending of a location of the node:

2022-08-20_11-57-54
2022-08-20_12-01-53

@karacurt This chart has always been weird and never gives reliable information about the past few days. Even past data isn’t that useful visually because of the jumps and bumps as you can see (due to how satellites compute this…).

So on the screenshot you sent, I’d say it works as good as it always worked! :grin:
Don’t expect better results unless StrojLabs improves it.

3 Likes

Unless someone improves it. The storage node code is open source and contributions are welcome :wink:

3 Likes

I believe this chart shows data coming from satellites. I never checked: is satellites’ code open source too? Seems like it is!

Then @Toyoo’s right, I guess anyone could suggest a pull-request :slight_smile:
But one would need to understand the base code pretty well ^^

2 Likes