Disk Space Used This Month Does Not Update

Disk Space Used This Month does not update if I do not enter the Restart-Service storagenode command with powershell, instead Bandwitch used this month is updated every 10 minutes. What can I do to update them at the same time?

Nothing, disk space used is updated about once or twice a day.

And sometimes it even decreases when it does update

Yes, customers allowed to remove their data :slight_smile:

What do you mean? How can I fix them to load both at the same time?

You can’t. This information got updated twice a day in an average.

Perhaps I was unclear on what I was trying to point out. The trend I have noticed recently, and it seems to be specific to the Saltlake satellite, is that some updates of the “Disk Space Used This Month” will decrease.

For example: here’s the following data I recorded:
image

It doesn’t make sense that that value should decrease on a day to day basis. If customers remove data, then that value should remain the same, but decreasing doesn’t make sense. Almost gives the impression that the satellite does not know how much data is actually being stored for it, or at least the info provided to the node and displayed on the dashboard presents that impression.

it’s so inaccurate that it’s practically useless, from what i understand the avg that comes from these numbers add up… but the graph…
well my stored data has been stable at 7-8tb for the last month
and still i get this [censored] when the satellites start and stop test data, the disk space use this month jumps like crazy… like it over estimates and then realizes how much it shot over and tries to fix it by being lower the next time…

my going theory is that the graph is updated on a non fixed time of day, so that it will drift and after a few days because it’s like set to updated ever 12 hours… but a 12 hour timer will also have small gaps inbetween it restarting and thus you get a 12.00001 hour update cycle… or a bit less which means it can hit 1 time on certain days… like if we say it counts in hours only… then its its gotten 12.00001 in the one then it will have to do 13 hours and then it starts to drift so it’s not the same time each day… ending it that it can essentially run once in a day fairly often… everything it adds like 11 hours… so every 11 days one would see an offset… which is about what i have been observing…

i suppose with the spikes i’m seeing it has to be the 12.00001 or 11.99999 hr thing… because getting 1 x 12.000001 and then 2x 11.9999999 could essentially give you 3 hits in a day… which i sort of see happening… and that apparently happen in relation to starting and stopping of test data, making it hit 1once in a day like after the 1may in my graph… then hit 3 time the day after… after which it finds is bearings and keep running fine until the test data again is started…

this is such a good image of the graph, because i literally go from zero one day to 10tb stored the next day… seems legit…

SOMEBODY please fix graph timer already… just set it to a non summer and winter time specific fixed update time of day… like say 11 pm and 11 am… UTC then you don’t have it running over into the next day sometimes… like when its set to run every 12 hours…

Time can be a tricky mistress…

I see. It could be related to problems with saltlake satellite:

2 Likes

Thanks, hadn’t seen that post.