Disqualified from saltlake

I understand that either data missing from my node or my node being down too long causes it to be disqualified. I received an email saying my node has been disqualified from the saltlake satellite. I am certain that I haven’t lost any data as I’m certain I haven’t had any disk failures. I’m a little curious as to whats the difference between the audit checks and the uptime check. Also does this mean I would have to start all over or is my node still valid on the other satellites?

Right now you can only get disqualified from audits failing downtime doesn’t affect it yet. So you need to find your logs and check for audits failed.

With an audit check value of 66.3% you either lost data or your node was unresponsive to audit checks (e.g. if you have a SMR drive that could happen or if you had too many “database is locked” errors).
But you would need to check in the logs.

database is locked error can only suspend the node.
To be disqualified your node should fail audits because of missing or inaccessible data.

1 Like

Right before I got the email for being disqualified the logs are showing a bunch of this:
2020-06-24T19:48:32.205Z ERROR piecestore download failed {“Piece ID”: “WKYQQW7RHPAV2MSRLDJZWB6UZNPVBXMAFKFUVGC46VUBVGDW4GKA”, “Satellite ID”: “121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6”, “Action”: “GET”, “error”: “usedserialsdb error: context canceled”, “errorVerbose”: “usedserialsdb error: context canceled\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*usedSerialsDB).Add:35\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).verifyOrderLimit:76\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).Download:459\n\tstorj.io/common/pb.DRPCPiecestoreDescription.Method.func2:1004\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcmux.(*Mux).HandleRPC:107\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc/rpctracing.(*Handler).HandleRPC:56\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).handleRPC:111\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).ServeOne:62\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).Serve.func2:99\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcctx.(*Tracker).track:51”}

2020-06-24T19:48:32.205Z	ERROR	piecestore	download failed	{"Piece ID": "ZUN5AVMMPB24ZHTW6FWLVJUEJKDLWEB736GX4B52SKCD3HMIC4JQ", "Satellite ID": "1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE", "Action": "GET_REPAIR", "error": "usedserialsdb error: context canceled", "errorVerbose": "usedserialsdb error: context canceled\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*usedSerialsDB).Add:35\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).verifyOrderLimit:76\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).Download:459\n\tstorj.io/common/pb.DRPCPiecestoreDescription.Method.func2:1004\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcmux.(*Mux).HandleRPC:107\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc/rpctracing.(*Handler).HandleRPC:56\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).handleRPC:111\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).ServeOne:62\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).Serve.func2:99\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcctx.(*Tracker).track:51"}

2020-06-24T19:48:32.208Z	ERROR	piecestore	download failed	{"Piece ID": "6QEOY7TAL45A6BLRZRWZFYI3FP5V6CU5KSMOGJYQOSTFBCLNKFBA", "Satellite ID": "12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S", "Action": "GET", "error": "usedserialsdb error: context canceled", "errorVerbose": "usedserialsdb error: context canceled\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*usedSerialsDB).Add:35\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).verifyOrderLimit:76\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).Download:459\n\tstorj.io/common/pb.DRPCPiecestoreDescription.Method.func2:1004\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcmux.(*Mux).HandleRPC:107\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc/rpctracing.(*Handler).HandleRPC:56\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).handleRPC:111\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).ServeOne:62\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).Serve.func2:99\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcctx.(*Tracker).track:51"}

2020-06-24T19:48:32.208Z	ERROR	piecestore	download failed	{"Piece ID": "ZAN4CJ3VNOE7H4W3GTNW6UHRLSYVC7HCUOLIXVTE4ZPLXHKPOEVA", "Satellite ID": "12rfG3sh9NCWiX3ivPjq2HtdLmbqCrvHVEzJubnzFzosMuawymB", "Action": "GET_AUDIT", "error": "usedserialsdb error: context canceled", "errorVerbose": "usedserialsdb error: context canceled\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*usedSerialsDB).Add:35\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).verifyOrderLimit:76\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).Download:459\n\tstorj.io/common/pb.DRPCPiecestoreDescription.Method.func2:1004\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcmux.(*Mux).HandleRPC:107\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc/rpctracing.(*Handler).HandleRPC:56\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).handleRPC:111\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).ServeOne:62\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).Serve.func2:99\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcctx.(*Tracker).track:51"}

2020-06-24T19:48:32.208Z	ERROR	piecestore	download failed	{"Piece ID": "BAVRTE4LKHNGCTOS7WFG4PEFAVSSYM2GXMOG32Y4S4BEZZBHNDUA", "Satellite ID": "1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE", "Action": "GET_REPAIR", "error": "usedserialsdb error: context canceled", "errorVerbose": "usedserialsdb error: context canceled\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*usedSerialsDB).Add:35\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).verifyOrderLimit:76\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).Download:459\n\tstorj.io/common/pb.DRPCPiecestoreDescription.Method.func2:1004\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcmux.(*Mux).HandleRPC:107\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc/rpctracing.(*Handler).HandleRPC:56\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).handleRPC:111\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).ServeOne:62\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).Serve.func2:99\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcctx.(*Tracker).track:51"}

2020-06-24T19:48:32.223Z	ERROR	piecestore	download failed	{"Piece ID": "4TNBCBXGKNGIFXXRZLG7GBT5IEEX5SARRWUO3RPGRA75HVQ6O2TQ", "Satellite ID": "1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE", "Action": "GET_REPAIR", "error": "usedserialsdb error: context canceled", "errorVerbose": "usedserialsdb error: context canceled\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*usedSerialsDB).Add:35\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).verifyOrderLimit:76\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).Download:459\n\tstorj.io/common/pb.DRPCPiecestoreDescription.Method.func2:1004\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcmux.(*Mux).HandleRPC:107\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc/rpctracing.(*Handler).HandleRPC:56\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).handleRPC:111\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).ServeOne:62\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).Serve.func2:99\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcctx.(*Tracker).track:51"}

How is your HDD connected ?

Its 6 Sas drives in raid6.

Can you search for GET_AUDIT and failed and not usedserialsdb in your logs?

Docker Linux

docker logs storagenode 2>&1 | grep GET_AUDIT | grep failed | grep -v usedserialsdb

Docker Windows (in Powershell)

docker logs storagenode 2>&1 | Select-String GET_AUDIT | Select-String failed | Select-String -NotMatch usedserialsdb

Windows GUI (in Powershell)

Select-String GET_AUDIT "$env:ProgramFiles\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.log" | Select-String failed | Select-String -NotMatch usedserialsdb