Docker container keep restarting and restarting

Hello so today i was just restarting my machine and when i try to start storj this error occurs

2022-03-11T13:30:45.075227469Z Error: Error starting master database on storagenode: group:
2022-03-11T13:30:45.075269896Z — stat config/storage/blobs: no such file or directory
2022-03-11T13:30:45.075282930Z — stat config/storage/temp: no such file or directory
2022-03-11T13:30:45.075294330Z — stat config/storage/garbage: no such file or directory
2022-03-11T13:30:45.075305240Z — stat config/storage/trash: no such file or directory

and the docker container just keep restarting and restarting, do anyone know how to solve this?, thanks!

Hi Garuda, welcome. It looks like the files are unavailable. You should check that your mount point for that drive hasn’t changed. Could you give a few more details about your setup? OS? Is this a raspberry pi? How is the drive connected?

1 Like

yep i have check the drive and its mounted, but the weird thing is theres nothing inside the drive, im using ubuntu 20.04 the drive was connected using sata 3

Okay. Could you give the results of the command df -H ? And if you could also provide your docker run command (with personal information removed).

Ok so this is the output of df -h, but i’ve seen something strange in here i have 2 drives plugged in into my machine and the machine run proxmox and the container that running storj in it should have a hard drive the size of 1TB not 4TB so i guess this is not storj issue, this is the docker run command docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300 \ -p 28967:28967/tcp \ -p 28967:28967/udp \ -p 0.0.0.0:14002:14002 \ -e WALLET="wallet" \ -e EMAIL="email" \ -e ADDRESS="mypublicip:28967" \ -e STORAGE="1TB" \ --user $(id -u):$(id -g) \ --mount type=bind,source="/root/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode/",destination=/app/identity \ --mount type=bind,source="/storj/",destination=/app/config \ --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

Okay, looks like you have some disk stuff to check. Make sure that the user your are running the node as has permissions to the files, and the the files are available at the given mount point. As a side note, it is recommended to store your identity files on the same drive as the data, since one without the other is useless anyway.

yep so i actually mount the wrong drive to the machine sorry about that now i mount the right drives and its working now, oh yeah talking about store identity files in the same drive as the data do i just copy from the identity into the drive?

2 Likes

Yes, you would copy the identity files into a folder on the storage drive (ensure correct permissions), then change your docker run command to point to the new location. This will require you to stop, remove, and recreate the container with the new parameters. You should keep a second copy of the identity files somewhere else as a back-up.

3 Likes

Ok, thanks for answering my question!

2 Likes