Docker: Error response from daemon: Drive has not been shared

Hello!

I am setting up node under Docker for Windows.
Running command:
C:\Windows\system32>docker run --rm -e SETUP=“true” --mount type=bind,source=“S:\Storj\Identity\storagenode”,destination=/app/identity --mount type=bind,source=“S:\Storj”,destination=/app/config --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

Getting answer:
docker: Error response from daemon: Drive has not been shared.

In tray no request for sharing. Drive S is a dynamic disc created under windows with some free space

What could be the problem and how can I share it?

Regards,
Alexander

It is in your docker settings, under Resources → Filesharing.

Thanks. I am not so advanced in Docker. Containers have not been setup yet. Could you write, how sequence of commands to check and change of drive sharing shall looks like?

Regards,
Alexander

I don’t know if there are commands, since this is a windows specific thing.
Open the docker UI click on the cog left of “sign in” (top left), click on Resources and find filesharing.

Since it is required to use old version of Docker 2.1.0.5? it doesn’t have GUI. It have only this menu from tray:

But I do not see Filesharing there…
Is it possible to add GUI to old docker? Or maybe somebody can help with commands?

Regards,
Alexander

What do you see? Which version do you have? What did you try?
It is only required to use the old version if you system doesn’t support wsl2. What kind of system do you have?

There was wrong picture, sorry. Now I changed it. If new Docker is fine, I will try it.

P.S. I found there to share drive/ Thanks.

Regards,
Alexander

2 Likes

You need to have a non-empty password for your user. Or enable wsl2 and install the latest Docker desktop, it doesn’t require your user’s creds to share drives with docker.