Docker: Error response from daemon: is not a valid Windows path

Hey guys! I’m currently having a slight issue with setting up my storj nodes on Docker in Windows 10 Enterprise. I enter the following command into my Administrator CMD (I took out the wallet address, email, and no-ip address categories for privacy reasons) and here is what happens:

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300 -p 28967:28967 -p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002 -e WALLET=“0xXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX” -e EMAIL="user@example.com" -e ADDRESS=“domain.ddns.net:28967” -e STORAGE=“837GB” --mount type=bind,source="<C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity>",destination=/app/identity --mount type=bind,source="<G:\StorjData>",destination=/app/config --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:beta

The output line for this command reads the following:

docker: Error response from daemon: <C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity>%!(EXTRA string=is not a valid Windows path).
See ‘docker run --help’.

I have no clue why this error message is occuring, I am running the linux containers on Docker and I was able to successfully install the Storage Node Docker Container using the “docker pull storjlabs/storagenode:beta” command in Administrator CMD. I was wondering if anyone knows how to solve this issue? Thanks for your time and help!

E.g:

Please without “<” “>”
G:\StorjData
C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity

Just why a docker for Windows, how do you have ready GUI applications …?

1 Like

Thanks so much! I’m still a huge noob when it comes to code! :rofl: