Docker: Error response from daemon: Ports are not available: listen tcp

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300 -p 49905:28967 -p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002 -e WALLET="0xb376AfC36redacted" -e EMAIL="redacted" -e ADDRESS="st0rj-for-ada.scrapping.cc:49905" -e STORAGE="1024G" --mount type=bind,source="G:\cloud\storj\identity",destination=/app/identity --mount type=bind,source="G:\cloud\storj\",destination=/app/config --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

According to tcpview nobody is using the port.

running it in windows 10 pro, made the switch to docker after it was clear to me that the windows client weren’t able to start whenever I wanted.

the configuration is the combination of docker - dyn updater - PIA port forwarding
the node is offline, the only way to run the container is with a restart. a start doesn’t cut it.
I’m not sure that the node has connectivity, even if I can see in the logs that their has been a sync with the satellite about the clock.
It was working before.
thanks in advance

Windows docker is not supported because it is very unstable! Don’t try it.
Try fixing the problem you have with the windows client.

No idea what you mean by that.

Try to restart the docker from the Docker desktop application.

Also, could you please show the output of the command:

docker ps -a

I didn’t do any post on it obviously but the windows client for me wasn’t working or maybe one out of 3 times. Which means that it didn’t start at login into my windows session.
The service wasn’t reacting at all when I was trying to start it with the powershell command.
And when I was doing it through the services.msc interface it was starting but then I still couldn’t enter the web page, always a timeout.
I always had to restart the entire host 2 or 3 times to get it work again.
No specific error in event viewer etc.
Just a no-show
That’s what I meant.

That’s what I meant when I said that I was doing docker restart
It is the only command that was working without the error message.

Now it is working again after 2 reboots (I had to make anyway for upgrading some stuffs).

I didn’t have that problem when I was running the docker container without the vpn so I’m wondering if there isn’t some kind of interactions between those 2. So I’m wondering if there isn’t an order through all the steps to respect.

Anyway, when I m doing this restart command after having that error message, the container is always restarting correctly, I can access the dashboard etc. But the node is always offline and stays that way. Which again give me the impression of a misbehavior between the vpn and the container at some level.

No error message when I restart as I’ve a little bit stated before, in docker logs storagenode by the way.

On a side note, I really prefer the docker version. At least I’m confident about having an actual error message when something goes wrong. Which is totally not the case with windows and its event viewer. Like I have dozens of cases a year to prove it so.

I would like to add that I have only a small issue with the docker version. I don’t have any slider for the dashboard page. Apparently there is no error in the console either. But I can make a github ticket or something for that if you want to?
And as far as I can see it’s not browser dependent.

And I could put docker in a vm for storage node, but that would mean to rely on 3rd virtualization solution and their extension to get the shares working, which is I think it’s a bit dangerous in terms of possible bugs etc.

Please, post 20 last lines from the log: https://documentation.storj.io/resources/faq/check-logs
You also can check your dashboard:

curl http://localhost:14002/api/sno

Please, note - the dashboard available only on the PC with storagenode. If you would like to have an access to it from a different device, you should use this method:

Regarding docker desktop - you should use either 2.1.0.5 or the latest one but with wsl2 engine. In both cases the docker will not work, if the Docker desktop application is not running. So, you always should login to your PC and start the Docker desktop.
The other way is to start the Docker desktop application by Windows Task Scheduler on PC start.

As I ve told it here everything is fine besides some small problems after all. Thanks for the link but I m using docker everyday for over 4 years now so I m kind of knowledged enough for that. I will give you some lines of the logs as soon as I have some time to do it.
For now it s running anyway.
I will in the mean time try to setup a freenas VM on one of my server and configure a iscsi setup so that I have the ability to maybe manage storj in a Ubuntu vm with docker on my win10 host which is currently hosting the node but that will certainly take a little bit of time.
Will keep you updated anyway

Here is the link of the last lines. The node finally came online but it took 20 minutes and at the time at the last line of the log it was still offline

Available some days

Please, give me result of this command (PowerShell):

((curl http://localhost:14002/api/sno).Content | ConvertFrom-Json).lastPinged