Docker running on OSX

Hi guys this is just some tweaks that i need to perform when deploying the docker on osx

this is the command i used to start the docker

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped -p 28967:28967 -e PUID=501 -e PGID=20 -e WALLET=“0xwallet” -e EMAIL=“yourmail” -e ADDRESS=“yourddns:28967” -e BANDWIDTH=“20TB” -e STORAGE=“1.5TB” --mount type=bind,source="/Users/uruser/Library/Application Support/Storj/Identity/storagenode",destination=/app/identity --mount type=bind,source="/Volumes/disk/storj",destination=/app/config --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:beta

please take in consideration that I needed to add -e PUID=501 -e PGID=20

to make it stable and have all the permissions necessary to read any drive that I want to map

PUID is your user ID, this can be found under users and group click the unlock and then right-click on the user and click advanced and you will found the ID

PGID is the group id of the user , if you are an admin you can leave it to 20

currently, my docker is running for around 2 weeks with no problems

1 Like

Last finding if you are planning to use iscsi to store the data of storj , please dont use daemontools iscsi initiator doesnt work crash constantly and will need to keep an eye because the docker wont restart unless you you it manually

i used globalSAN iSCSI Initiator and i havent need to restart the docker in weeks also transfer speed are much higher with daemon tools was capped at 30 mbs now i reach over 100 same network same disk just different driver

Also you can use this great tip: