Does docker automatically restarts the Node?

Hello guys,

I have a Question about the usage of docker with a rpi 3.

Yesterday morning my rpi wasn’t reachable via SSH I thought again a problem with my ISP. But also Uptime Robot told that it isn’t available. This morning still no connection possible.

I made a hard reboot at my rpi and tried to start docker. But it tells that the container is already in use.

docker: Error response from daemon: Conflict. The container name "/storagenode" is already in use by container "9f305db4c51cbaa5999a46bf710478e66c96e46fc392ff2455466dccdbeaa613". You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name.
See 'docker run --help'.

I was wondering why it’s running after a hard reboot. Then I looked at the Node Dashboard and it also say’s that the node is running.
Is Docker automatically restarting the container after a hard reboot?

Since my node was probably down for round about 35h is there any possibility to check the status of dq? Is it the vatting report?

Thanks guys!

Update:
I have checked the nodedashboard, all satellites except asia-east have 100% uptime and 100% audit checks. The asia-east one have 99.9% uptime.
How does it work, when I even from my home network hadn’t the possibility to connect to the node?

Because you specified --restart unless-stopped in the docker run command:

You can see your status on the web dashboard.
The disqualification for downtime is currently disabled, it’s re-designed:

2 Likes