Does Storj use any Java and the new log4j vuln?

Does the node operator software or satellite software or anything at Storj lab use Java log4j and the new vuln CVE-2021-44228?

2 Likes

@Alexey @jtolio not sure who else might know

We are entirely running on golang, so there is not anything that uses log4j :slight_smile:
Thanks for raising the concern/attention for this, its a major flaw affecting millions of hosts/applications world wide :keyboard: :desktop_computer:

3 Likes

Been on major incident calls all day going on hour 14 but wanted to make sure my home server was safe as this is the only world facing app I have exposed…

Note that Unifi stuff is impacted however. About to start patching that shortly. lol

1 Like

Any chance you could be impacted by your cloud hosting providers?

There are so many systems that use the Apache Log4j components, websites, Cisco equipment. This requires a full assessment.

1 Like

Are there already patches out? (for Unifi)

Yes.
https://community.ui.com/releases/UniFi-Network-Application-6-5-54/d717f241-48bb-4979-8b10-99db36ddabe1

1 Like

@twl another update released.

1 Like

Thank you, but now the Cloud connection is down due to AWS having problems, so I can’t update from afar :see_no_evil:

Yeah, been a horrible day. O365 has had multiple incidents as well.

1 Like

and this morning it was Cloudflare’s turn… Cloudflare is experiencing widespread latency and timeouts
A lot of voip systems use Cloudflare so that would have been interesting…

Bloody hell this year got busy fast. Must be due for another Exchange exploit soon. lol

1 Like

Hello - we’ve published a more formal response in the Announcements channel on Log4j. Thanks

3 Likes