Does the GUI Windows Installer still requires Docker?

Do you need to have docker installed first for the GUI to work ?
Or is it completely stand alone ?

Hi GERGX,

Welcome to the forum!
The windows installer doesn’t need docker. Docker was used as a temporary solution until OS specific installers and binaries were released. For windows that time has now come.
Enjoy!

well it seems like the node can’t get online with the installer
Where do you put the authorization token with the new installer ?

It’s all here https://documentation.storj.io/setup/gui-windows

How do you switch from the docker to the new binaries ?
You just point to the old folder of the node?

Yes, stop and remove the container, point the storage to the storage folder.
You should point the identity parameter to the same identity folder, as for docker container as well.
If identity is not signed, your node will be showed as offline.

I seem to be unable to authorize the generated identity.
It generates a key, but then with the authorization I get this error

FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: “error occurred while signing certificate: rpc error: code = Internal desc = certificates peer error\n(identity files were still generated and saved, if you try again existing files will be loaded)”, “errorVerbose”: “error occurred while signing certificate: rpc error: code = Internal desc = certificates peer error\n(identity files were still generated and saved, if you try again existing files will be loaded)\n\tmain.cmdAuthorize:212\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.cleanup.func1.2:275\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.cleanup.func1:293\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:762\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:852\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:800\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.Exec:74\n\tmain.main:83\n\truntime.main:203”}

This error is mean either not synced clock, or already claimed token or too low difficulty.

However, why you generated a new identity, if you want to migrate an existing node from the Docker?

If you want to create a new node, then it’s fine and you do not need to point to the other data folder, because data will not be recognized, it belongs to a different identity.

If you want to migrate from the docker you should use the identity from the docker node and its data.

It is nessesary to move from docker to windows gui or not? Or i can use docker node some more time and move it to gui later?

I think I have claimed the token (then deleted the ID, then trying to generate it again) and that is why it is failing. Oh well.

And the installer does not produce a complete config, I need to change the default port again.

And also the installer has to be pointed not to the main dir but the storage dir of that dir.

Hello @Fariss,
Welcome to the forum!
You can continue use the docker version if you wish.