Does the network “remember” history after a new setup?

I run a test node with an authorized identity to learn how it works. In the process, this node is disrupted many times. When I want to start with a clean slate, I stop/remove the docker container, delete all files where “app/config” is mounted, and then use the same identity to setup a new node with:

docker run --rm -e SETUP="true”…

which creates a new database and directory structure. And then I start the node. Each new setup shows a dashboard that seems to have been set zero, as if it is a new node with no history**. But is it?

Questions:

1. Does the network “remember” how inconsistently this identity have been running before the new setup?
  2. How does a node’s unreliability affect the reputation of the identity or the associated ip address, or even the email address in the prefix of the token used to authorize the identity?
  3. How does a dented reputation affect the node’s future performance and payouts?

**except for the “Disk Space Used This Month” measured in GB*h.

Hi @DD7

1. If the identity is the same then the network sees it as the exact same node. With all the history whether good or bad.

2. The unreliability (or reliability) is tied to the identity. The same as the data stored is tied to the identity. The IP address and email have no relation to reliability.

3. If a node is disqualified then it won’t receive any further earnings from the satellite it is disqualified from. Any earnings prior to disqualification are still payable, subject to payout limits/levels.

FYI the dashboard is blank because you are deleting the local databases. The network still ‘remembers’.

1 Like

Hi @Stob

The new node always show 100% audit (see below). This is just the effect of me deleting the database and thus not reflecting the actual reputation, am I right?

Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 14.32.09

No. These come from the satellite, and are tied/linked to the identity.

The bandwidth graph is the one reset when you re-run the setup.

1 Like