Doubt with percentage online

Hello, I got an email informing that they are going to delete the nodes that are offline for more than 30 days, then I checked my nodes and I found this
node 1

node2

Should I be worried? Check the logs of each node and everything is ok.

Doesn’t look like your nodes were offline for more than 30 days though…

1 Like

If these figures are because your node was offline for some time, that’s OK. Online scores should recover within 30 days.
But keep an eye on them: if they keep dropping, you should start investigating why by looking at your logs and checking your Internet connection (setting up a monitoring tool like uptimerobot could help).

In fact, I’d recommend using uptimerobot anyway if you don’t have such a tool configured :slight_smile:

node 2 has been offline for a while with in the last 30 days…
this doesn’t mean anything is wrong, but you should figure out why it was offline or at the very least monitor if the online score keeps dropping…

new nodes can drop fairly fast in online score… if they share the same internet i would guess their downtime was the same… the new node simply responded a lot more.
this is due to the online score being calculated from audits, takes 100 audits to get a node vetted on each satellite…

usually takes a month to get those 100 audits… ofc it speeds up after that… but audits can be few and far between, the more data a node gets the more audits it will get…

so lets take a 5tb node which would get an audit every lets say 3 minutes…
thus in 30 days it would get like 15000 audits
the unvetted node gets 100 over 30 days

the online score is the % of audits the node didn’t respond to over 30 days