Drive space used per satellite?

Is there a way to see how much space each satellite is currently using on my drive? I tried checking the size of the blob folders but the folder names do not seem to match any satellite ID. How do I know which folder is for which satellite?

Yes, there are few way to do so:

1 - you can track it via log by pieces id:
2020-01-25T18:59:45.830+0300 INFO piecestore upload started {"Piece ID": "3L6ZLF22IJZMOI2VTVQSCLKYNBP5H3KESAKWJU6J3GAQETYCCGMQ", "Satellite ID": 121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6", "Action": "PUT"}
Pieces file names = ids without first 2 symbols (which used as folder name). So just pick up random share filename from a folder and search for it in log - you will know which satellite is storing it.

2 - You can divide last day value for "space used this month " from Dashboard by 24 to convert GB**hours back to just GB.

3 - You can send graceful-exit command (there will be 2 prompts before actual start of GE, so you do not kill node this way) and client will show you disk space currently used by each satellite before GE confirmation.

But it will be nice to have such values directly in storage dashboard.

4 you can select a satellite on your dashboard
5 you can calculate the size of the each folder in the blobs folder
6 you can request data from the storagenode API: Script for Audits stat by satellites , just modify the script to show the whole data instead of only audits.

Thanks. I used Mad_max method #1 to find the relationship between satellite ID/Pieces/Folder
Satellite names and IDs found at https://tardigrade.io/trusted-satellites
To make it easier for the next person, here is what I found:

Satellite Name:satellite.stefan-benten.de
Satellite ID:118UWpMCHzs6CvSgWd9BfFVjw5K9pZbJjkfZJexMtSkmKxvvAW
Blobs Folder:abforhuxbzyd35blusvrifvdwmfx4hmocsva4vmpp3rgqaaaaaaa

Satellite Name:asia-east-1.tardigrade.io
Satellite ID:121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6
Blobs Folder:qstuylguhrn2ozjv4h2c6xpxykd622gtgurhql2k7k75wqaaaaaa

Satellite Name:us-central-1.tardigrade.io
Satellite ID:12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S
Blobs Folder:ukfu6bhbboxilvt7jrwlqk7y2tapb5d2r2tsmj2sjxvw5qaaaaaa

Satellite Name:europe-west-1.tardigrade.io
Satellite ID:12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs
Blobs Folder:v4weeab67sbgvnbwd5z7tweqsqqun7qox2agpbxy44mqqaaaaaaa

Satellite Name:saltlake.tardigrade.io
Satellite ID:1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE
Blobs Folder:pmw6tvzmf2jv6giyybmmvl4o2ahqlaldsaeha4yx74n5aaaaaaaa

P.S.
Here is drive usage by satellite:
Stefan: 63%
Europe:18%
US:10%
Asia:9%:

1 Like

I think this is highly dependent on node location and time then it started data collection.
I have such distribution by satellite for now:

US: 33%
Asia: 27%
Europe: 21%
Stefan: 18%

I believe my node filled up with test data before the tardigrade invites were sent out. Personally, I’d like to see the test data removed. But for now I’ll simply increase my storage limit a bit to allow more tardigrade customer data. It also might be nice if we could set a storage limit per satellite since the plan is to allow other people to set up their own satellites. As it is now, I suspect I’d have to start new nodes and customize the trusted satellites list if I wanted to control how much storage space each satellite can use.

17 posts were split to a new topic: I got -disqualified- suspended on 2 nodes, because of my internet providedr