Duplicati settings Tardigrade?

Hello,

did somebody bring duplicati to work with tardigarde. My S3 gateway is running fine. With S3 browser and aws cli I have access to tardigrade. So i thought it shall run also with duplicati. But I bring it not to work.

Have somebody a config screenshoot for running duplicati config?

I don’t have it set up myself, but after running into issues making it work with Synology software I came across the reason and also a workaround someone mentioned for duplicati which unfortunately doesn’t work for Synology. The reason is that Amazon uses DNS to resolve the location if buckets. This is not how it works with the gateway. You can disable this in duplicati by adding the option s3-ext-forcepathstyle=true

Now if only I could find a fix for Synology cloud sync to work around this as well… I hope it will help you at least.

Edit: if this doesn’t work or you need more info, googling for tardigrade might not yield many results, but you’re essentially connecting to minio. Googling for fixes to make things work with minio could also help you out with tardigrade.

1 Like

@BrightSilence I have to revert my post before. It works very sluggy. I got a lot of time outs from duplicati.

Did somebody from the Storj team succesfull test Tardigrde with Duplicati?

It would be a nice feature if Homeuser can use Tardigrade to backup via Duplicati

1 Like

Hi all,

Even if I know that the usecase “Duplicati + Storj + S3 gateway” seems to work, I am experiencing some issues during my tests.

Here is my config:

• Duplicati is installed on a VM hosted on an ESXi (4vCPU + 2GB RAM)
  • S3 gateway is installed on the same VM (S3 running via the script, not the docker image)
  • Backup job settings:
    • Backup destination: S3 compatible
    • Remote volume size: 50MB

It’s working well for small files (an image and a 165MB zip file). Backup is done correctly and the restoration was OK too (no files corrupted).
But, I tried to send a huge video file (>2GB mp4 file). And it always fail at the end after several hours uploading it.
The error message says that 24 (or something like that) files are missing.
I checked that the gateway is still running: it’s OK on that side.

Do you guys have any idea on what could be the problem?
Or any idea to fix/optimize the settings?

I would really like to use Storj/Tardigrade as an external backup location and it would be very nice if we could use it easily with those kind of backup software (especially duplicati or Borg Backup).

Thanks a lot for your help.

[EDIT] Now, it seems that the backup is kind of stucked (new retry).
It’s been a long time since it’s stucked like that

Could you look for errors in the gateway log?

thanks @BrightSilence
Where are those logs (I’m on debian)?

You can specify the log path in the config.yaml for gateway.
The default path is ~/.local/share/storj/gateway/config.yaml

Thank you.
I didn’t have time those past few days.

I think logs are not activated by default because I don’t have any file on the default directory, except config.yaml and mini directory.
Indeed, all options related to logs are still commented in the config.yaml file:

# address to listen on for debug endpoints
# debug.addr: 127.0.0.1:0

# provide the name of the peer to enable continuous cpu/mem profiling for
# debug.profilername: ""

# If set, a path to write a process trace SVG to
# debug.trace-out: ""

# if true, log function filename and line number
# log.caller: false

# if true, set logging to development mode
# log.development: false

# configures log encoding. can either be 'console' or 'json'
# log.encoding: console

# the minimum log level to log
# log.level: info

# can be stdout, stderr, or a filename
# log.output: stderr

# if true, log stack traces
# log.stack: false

Any recommendation on options that should be activated?

Thanks!

log.output should be enough. If you will leave a stderr or stdout, it will print errors on screen.
If you specify an absolute path to the log file, it will write messages to there.

1 Like

@jensamberg Storj is doing a Hackathon this week. I have uploaded my backup with rclone but I pay 10Cent per month just for object count. As far as I understand Duplicati should have the solution. So my Hackathon project will be Duplicati. I want to get it running and find out the best options for storj. I hope we can also improve the documentation.

5 Likes