Earnings calculator (Update 2024-04-14: v13.4.0 - Additional info on uncollected garbage and unpaid data - Detailed earnings info and health status of your node, including vetting progress)

vb also run on linux, but this is made for windows GUI only

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Win GUI Storj Node Toolbox

What does it meen?
2020-02-22_16-34-49

Storj node run on virtual mashine, sentos 7 on EXSI.

It means you definitely havenā€™t downloaded the right file. That line is not part of the script and the file should be about 12K, yours is more than 10x that size.

Can you tell me how you downloaded it?

wget https://github.com/ReneSmeekes/storj_earnings/blob/df3369b2fbfa6c427b81b1ea27f22fad6c85dbf5/earnings.py

This is right link: wget https://github.com/ReneSmeekes/storj_earnings/raw/master/earnings.py
SOLVED

Thank you!

1 Like

Small update today to remove the broken uplink score and align some terminology with Storj documentation.

Changelog

v8.1.2 - Remove uptime score and align terminology

• Removed uptime scores which always displayed 0 (May return when new uptime system is implemented)
  • Aligned some terminology with Storj documentation
3 Likes

OK, since we have dates from when SN works for a given satellite - can you highlight current amounts? Bold or different color ā€¦

Or hide irrelevant data? I donā€™t need month 1-3 for us-central-1 etc.

1 Like

Iā€™ve considered this when I implemented the first contact date. But there are actually 3 issues with this date. 2 of which are applicable to you.

1. Nodes didnā€™t keep data about historic transfers prior to April 2019, so dates in and before April are likely not accurate. This issue wonā€™t really matter any more for more recent months.
  2. When nodes start (or a satellite comes online) near the end of a month, it may connect, but not transfer anything until the next month. In your screenshot you can see the date for europe-west-1 is 2019-06-01, however, this satellite came online in May. Unfortunately nodes donā€™t keep data on when they first connected, only on their first transfers. I display all months so you can double check whether something like this has happened.
  3. Some people have had issues with their databases and have had to remove data or start with an empty database again. The dates would then not be correct anymore, but they may still know themselves how far along they are in the held amount process.

Finally I had some issues with using markup like bold or underline and tabsā€¦ they tend to get out of place because the markup codes take up a character technically, but it isnā€™t displayed as such. Iā€™m sure I could figure something out about that, but because of the other issues mentioned I figured it best to just leave it as is.

Hi,

How often does the ā€œDisk Average Monthā€ and ā€œDisk Usageā€ update?

Mine have been stagnant for about (or over) 1 week while the dashboard is updated.

In earnings.py ā€œDisk Usageā€ is 13.27 TBh while dashboard is 37.97 TBh.

Going to assume youā€™re on a Linux distro.

Are you running the script against the live DBs or against copies? If against copies, make sure youā€™re stopping the node before copying them over.

Linux, and not stopping, just copying. That explains the apparent numbers before. Software updates.
But that only happens with those 3 (the disk ones), egress works fine.

Iā€™d rather not stop the node.

Thanks

That would be the issue then. If youā€™re not willing to stop the node and then copy, your only option is to run them against the live DBs. That being said, I do believe that @BrightSilence advised against doing so for Linux nodes even. Do so at your own risk.

1 Like

He did very energetically disadvise from doing so some time ago, so I would consider that to be a rather dangerous operation. Do not do it. Stop your node, copy the files, run the script. Restart your node.

You donā€™t have to be afraid to get downtime penalty if you stop your node for just a few seconds.

I did previously advise against running it on live dbā€™s even on Linux installs. This was mostly in an over abundance of caution. Itā€™s been very clear in the mean time that corruption issues are related to the use of network protocols like SMB and NFS. Which unfortunately the docker implementations on windows and macos use.

I have since changed the wording and Iā€™m running the earnings calculator on my live node all the time. On Linux installs or GUI installs on windows, there should not be a problem doing that. @Cagarro You still do it at your own risk, but Iā€™m as sure as I can be that it wonā€™t be an issue.

1 Like

I had read the advise. When I wrote ā€œId rather not stop the nodeā€, I meant not running the script on the live DBs nor stopping the node, just not getting that info.

I can do it manually from the dashboard.

Thanks for the help.

You may be able to get all the new data by also copying the .db-shm and .db-wal files. But honestly the copy is not necessary in your case.

Hello,
why upload is not-paid?

March 2020 (Version: 8.1.3)                     [snapshot: 2020-03-17 11:46:24Z]e[0m
                        TYPE            DISK       BANDWIDTH            PAYOUT
Upload                  Ingress                    714.37 GB        -not paid-
Upload Repair           Ingress                      7.22 GB        -not paid-
Download                Egress                     112.49 GB          2.25 USD
Download Repair         Egress                       5.89 KB          0.00 USD
Download Audit          Egress                     818.18 KB          0.00 USD
Disk Current            Storage    328.07 GB                        -not paid-
Disk Average Month      Storage     67.86 GBm                         0.10 USD
Disk Usage              Storage     50.49 TBh                       -not paid-
_______________________________________________________________________________+
Total                               67.86 GBm      834.07 GB          2.35 USD
e[4m
Payout and held amount by satellite:e[0m
SATELLITE       FIRST CONTACT   TYPE     MONTH 1-3       MONTH 4-6       MONTH 7-9       MONTH 10+
us-central-1    2020-02-04      Paid     0.0063 USD      0.0126 USD      0.0190 USD      0.0253 USD
Status:OK (Audit score:1000)    Held     0.0190 USD      0.0126 USD      0.0063 USD      0.0000 USD

europe-west-1   2020-02-04      Paid     0.0417 USD      0.0833 USD      0.1250 USD      0.1667 USD
Status:OK (Audit score:1000)    Held     0.1250 USD      0.0833 USD      0.0417 USD      0.0000 USD

asia-east-1     2020-02-04      Paid     0.0049 USD      0.0098 USD      0.0147 USD      0.0196 USD
Status:OK (Audit score:1000)    Held     0.0147 USD      0.0098 USD      0.0049 USD      0.0000 USD

saltlake        2020-02-11      Paid     0.5305 USD      1.0609 USD      1.5914 USD      2.1218 USD
Status:OK (Audit score:1000)    Held     1.5914 USD      1.0609 USD      0.5305 USD      0.0000 USD

stefan-benten   2020-02-04      Paid     0.0046 USD      0.0091 USD      0.0137 USD      0.0182 USD
Vetting:55% (Audit score:1000)  Held     0.0137 USD      0.0091 USD      0.0046 USD      0.0000 USD

Because you will be paid for storing that data from that point on. Paying for upload would basically be paying you double.

Additionally it is a standard practice for cloud storage to not charge customers to upload data. This also has a commercial advantage because it lures people in on the cheap and then itā€™s expensive to get their data back out. This leads to more loyal customers and less of an immediate hurdle for them to store more data.

Trust me, in the end youā€™re better off not getting paid for upload as your node sees more business as a result of that.

2 Likes

If it helps,
itā€™s upload from the satellite/customer point of view.
Think ā€œIngress -> incomingā€