Error creating tables for master database on storagenode: migrate: creating version table failed: migrate: database is locked

2020-01-06T15:04:32.146Z	INFO	Configuration loaded from: /app/config/config.yaml
    2020-01-06T15:04:32.151Z	INFO	Operator email: -------------------------------
    2020-01-06T15:04:32.152Z	INFO	operator wallet: -------------------------------
    2020-01-06T15:04:32.816Z	INFO	version	running on version v0.28.4
    2020-01-06T15:04:42.911Z	FATAL	Unrecoverable error	{"error": "Error creating tables for master database on storagenode: migrate: creating version table failed: migrate: database is locked\n\tstorj.io/storj/private/migrate.(*Migration).Run:144\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*DB).CreateTables:289\n\tmain.cmdRun:186\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.cleanup.func1.2:278\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.cleanup.func1:296\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:826\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:914\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:864\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.Exec:74\n\tmain.main:315\n\truntime.main:203", "errorVerbose": "Error creating tables for master database on storagenode: migrate: creating version table failed: migrate: database is locked\n\tstorj.io/storj/private/migrate.(*Migration).Run:144\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*DB).CreateTables:289\n\tmain.cmdRun:186\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.cleanup.func1.2:278\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.cleanup.func1:296\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:826\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:914\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:864\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.Exec:74\n\tmain.main:315\n\truntime.main:203\n\tmain.cmdRun:188\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.cleanup.func1.2:278\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.cleanup.func1:296\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:826\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:914\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:864\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.Exec:74\n\tmain.main:315\n\truntime.main:203"}

I’ve got this error, can’t find any kind of reference around the forum. from the last update it went offline, after few trials I ended up wiping all the hard drive, formatting everything and resetting everything. Checked all commands and setup, all seems as it was before, but the node doesn’t start.

FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: "Error creating tables for master database on storagenode: migrate: creating version table failed: migrate: database is locked

1. Running on RaspberryPi3
  2. HDD connected and fstab mounted through the LAN
  3. HDD it’s a Ex2Ultra WD MyCloud. I splitted up the NAS so I’ve one partition just for storj (4TB), the other partition for me. Permissions are ok, I can R/W on the mounted HDD from raspberry.

I’m gonna try a fresh format of the drive now, anyhow I think there is something I’m missing…

Please help!

Did you have any data stored from Storj before you wiped your HDD ? How old is your node?

Also this should be a separate thread.

Are you using iSCSI? Mounting over lan is not supported and known to cause issues over SMB or NFS. Only iSCSI will work when mounting remote disks.

Yeah sorry for that, wrote it because I thought this error could be also added to the list in the header!
Will open a separate thread, if a solution will be found will update it here.

Unfortunately, it will not work. Neither NFS nor SMB can work with SQLite databases. We use SQLite databases in Storagenode. The only working network protocol is iSCSI.
But you must connect the hard drive directly to your PI, because PI has a bandwidth limit of 100 Mbps, which will be used for both storage protocol traffic and external traffic. Network attached storage has a huge latency compared to a local connection.
Your PI will fail almost all uploads and downloads, because everyone will be faster than PI with a network connected storage.

2 Likes

Already separated, you can use the current thread

2 Likes