Error in log : delete failed

Hello,

I was looking at the logs of my storage node, and I noticed the following error:

2019-09-22T18:09:23.194Z        ERROR   piecestore      delete failed   {"Piece ID": "HHE7FWLIUNPH7KY5WXURGVEJH7R453HEFEBASVHFS6Q3LEMVEELA", "error": "pieces error: filestore error: file does not exist", "errorVerbose": "pieces error: filestore error: file does not exist\n\tstorj.io/storj/storage/filestore.(*Store).Stat:80\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/pieces.(*BlobsUsageCache).Delete:170\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/pieces.(*Store).Delete:257\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).Delete:136\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/pb._Piecestore_Delete_Handler.func1:1134\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/server.(*Server).logOnErrorUnaryInterceptor:38\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/pb._Piecestore_Delete_Handler:1136\n\tgoogle.golang.org/grpc.(*Server).processUnaryRPC:940\n\tgoogle.golang.org/grpc.(*Server).handleStream:1174\n\tgoogle.golang.org/grpc.(*Server).serveStreams.func1.1:696"}

Note that the node seems to work fine, and it has some trafic (download) for now.
Is this something I should worry about?

Thanks!

1 Like

Everything is ok with you node. Files getting splitted into pieces sometime the deletion of a full file fails, then the process restarts the hole deletion, such nodes which alteady done this delete will see this warning, but everything is fine.

2 Likes

You may find this thread a good read.