Error message: ping satellite failed

Hi there,

from what I have found in the forum, I should not be concerned - right?

2021-12-13T11:13:37.085Z	ERROR	contact:service	ping satellite failed 	{"Satellite ID": "xxx", "attempts": 1, "error": "ping satellite: failed to dial storage node (ID: xxx) at address abc.domain.net:28967: rpc: dial tcp <ip>:28967: i/o timeout", "errorVerbose": "ping satellite: failed to dial storage node (ID: xxx) at address abc.domain.net:28967: rpc: dial tcp <ip>:28967: i/o timeout\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:141\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:95\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:152\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57"}

The node is online and no other error message occurred - it’s the only one.

Just make sure that

is updated to your actual WAN IP. For DDNS it could take some time to propagate the changes, especially if you uses the application (for NoIP it’s called DUC) instead of configuration on your router (usually in DDNS section).

Understood, thank you. In my case I am using a domain name from my provider, which is updated by the router, linked to that DDNS service, automatically. So it seems to be a single hiccup as the external ip might have been changed. Meaning and confirming, as long as it is and stays with that single message, I don’t have to be concerned (, right?).

If your dashboard shows your node as online and all reputation scores on all satellites 100%, then all should be fine.

Hey @Alexey , can you pls interpret, what that means?

2021-12-14T17:44:22.401Z	ERROR	contact:service	ping satellite failed 	{"Satellite ID": "xxx", "attempts": 1, "error": "ping satellite: check-in ratelimit: node rate limited by id", "errorVerbose": "ping satellite: check-in ratelimit: node rate limited by id\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:138\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:95\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:92\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57"}
2021-12-14T17:47:27.960Z	ERROR	pieces:trash	emptying trash failed	{"error": "pieces error: filestore error: context canceled", "errorVerbose": "pieces error: filestore error: context canceled\n\tstorj.io/storj/storage/filestore.(*blobStore).EmptyTrash:154\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/pieces.(*BlobsUsageCache).EmptyTrash:310\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/pieces.(*Store).EmptyTrash:367\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/pieces.(*TrashChore).Run.func1:51\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:92\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57"}

Found by Search results for 'ping satellite: check-in ratelimit: node rate limited by id' - Storj Community Forum (official)

Found by Search results for 'pieces:trash emptying trash failed' - Storj Community Forum (official)

Do not hesitate to use search feature :slight_smile: it can be helpful!

1 Like