Error Messages and what they mean

A list of common errors.

• ERROR: piecestore.ordersender, used_serials does not exist
ERROR	piecestore:orderssender.121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6	failed to receive response	{"error": "rpc error: code = Unknown desc = pq: relation \"used_serials\" does not exist"}

MEANING: One of our satellites has a problem. (Saturn in this case.)

ERROR	piecestore:orderssender.121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6	failed to receive response	{"error": "rpc error: code = Unknown desc = pq: relation \"used_serials\" does not exist"}

One of our satellites has a problem. Saturn in this case.

@Alexey is it possible for us to collect and organize this topic to look like what this page does regarding Strips errors?

I would like for people to be able to search by error code. I dont know if thats compatible to our situation though. Example in the onebox below:

Yes, it’s possible. We can post each code as a separately comment.
I don’t like an idea of a long comment with all errors. It will be difficult to found some explanation.
But if you want to, we can do it via edit of a first comment and make links to the comment for each error.

Ok, do you think each error should be a separate topic?

I f we did that then I think we should decide first on a format, for consistency

Yes, I think, it would be better. But grouped in one section/tag/whatever, what will be easier to found and uses.

The comments itself could be useful too, but they are not allowing to make a discussion of this explanation or interpretation.
If we don’t plan to allow such discussions - then it’s fine to have every error as a comment to the topic “list of errors”

ok then!!! sounds legit

1 Like

Has this been added?

Hey @Storgeez thanks - Im thinking an error message resource might make a good wiki

what are your thoughts? I agree that trying to do a question//comment for each one sounds kludgy

But if we had the OP as a wiki, with discussion below, do you think that would work?
Alexey thought having all the error messages in one place together would be the easiest for folks who need to refer to it

I just went up and made this original post of this discussion into a wiki, let me know how that strikes you

also tagging @Alexey and @knowledge for input

I suggested a different approach. Each error - as a separate topic with explanation.
Just all those topics should be in the one category.
The wiki will not work here. But we can use it as a TOC with links to exact topic

makes sense , lets loop in knowledge

ToC with links to separate discussion for each error sounds good.

Finally it has been created: