ERROR piecestore:cache

hi, unfotunaly my node worked only for 1 day, after that, the node showed offline. first i got these errors : ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {“Satellite ID”: “121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6”, “attempts”: 8, “error”: “ping satellite: check-in ratelimit: node rate limited by id”, “errorVerbose”: “ping satellite: check-in ratelimit: node rate limited by id\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:138\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:95\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:92\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}
it looked like my ipv4 changed, so i filled the new ip in the yams. but that diddnt helped. so i did the same prozedure as last time, but it mad it worser. now i cant reach the node anymore and got these errors:
INFO contact:service context cancelled {“Satellite ID”: “12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs”}
2021-11-19T21:31:41.889+0100 ERROR piecestore:cache error getting current used space: {“error”: “context canceled; context canceled; context canceled; context canceled; context canceled; context canceled”, “errorVerbose”: “group:\n— context canceled\n— context canceled\n— context canceled\n— context canceled\n— context canceled\n— context canceled”}

The first error because your external address with port is not reachable from outside.
The second related to too slow disk.

How is your drive connected to your device? Is it a network attached disk?
And since you changed the config.yaml, I guess it’s a Windows GUI storagenode version?

yes, win gui, and its a normal hdd over sata, under 1 jear old, no errors…but i think i found out whats wrong. it looks like i have no longer an static ipv4. now ip tests show that i have dual stack with primary native ipv6, and the ipv4 only as fallback…

Regarding dynamic IP: Port Forwarding - Node Operator
Regarding stalling disk - I would like to suggest to check it for errors, the storagenode service should be stopped during the check.

no errors as i said before. how do i setup the node with dyndns? i set up a dual stack dyndns at dyndns.org put my domainname in the yams, but it doesnt worked, do i have to set an ipv4 dyndns?

but anyway, looks like my node has stopped completly…last log entry is 6 days ago…tryed to stop, restart, sytemrestart…its just death…:slight_smile:

2021-11-19T21:31:41.889+0100 ERROR piecestore:cache error getting current used space: {“error”: “context canceled; context canceled; context canceled; context canceled; context canceled; context canceled”, “errorVerbose”: “group:\n— context canceled\n— context canceled\n— context canceled\n— context canceled\n— context canceled\n— context canceled”}

this is the updater log:
25.11.2021 22:25:20,08 recovery triggered to execute in 3 minutes
25.11.2021 22:25:20,08 recovery command executed:
1 Datei(en) kopiert.
Storj V3 Storage Node Updater wird gestartet.
Storj V3 Storage Node Updater konnte nicht gestartet werden.

Ein Systemfehler ist aufgetreten.

Systemfehler 1067 aufgetreten.

Der Prozess wurde unerwartet beendet.

This will work only for binary versions (Windows GUI/Linux GUI/binary). Remember to specify your DynDNS address with node port, i.e. my.dyndns.tld:28967.

Please, use this check-list for offline troubleshooting:

wan ip matches the portforwarding rule but not my public ip, but why? wan is my privat ip, the other is my public ip, they cant be the same… ddns hostname is set correct in yams and dyndns is set up correctly in the router settings and status is active. i dont understand this; with storagenode nslookup your.ddns.address 8.8.8.8 should return the same IP as p.1

Because your ISP placed you behind their NAT, or you have another router. In the first case you have a few options:

• call to your ISP and ask for public IP, it could be dynamic, but must be public (your WAN IP will match the IP on yougetsignal); you can say that you need an access to you security IP cam anywhere to do not explain Storj;
  • switch to ISP who offer a public IP;
  • use a VPN services with port forwarding feature such as portmap.io, ngrok, PIA, AirVPN, PureVPN, etc.

In second case (you have connected another router) - you should check the WAN IP on the router connected to the internet. If that router has the same IP as on yougetsignal, you have a few options:

• make port forwarding rule for 28967 TCP+UDP to the local IP of your second router on your first (Internet-facing) router. Make a second port forwarding rule for 28967 TCP+UDP to the local IP of your PC on your second router;
  • or switch your second router to access point mode and create port forwarding rule only on your first router.

Replace the your.dydns.tld address to your actual DynDNS address and execute in PowerShell or cmd.exe:

nslookup your.dydns.tld 8.8.8.8

It will return an IP. It should match the WAN IP on Internet-facing router and on yougetsignal.