Error: rpc: dial tcp 35.188.114.190:8888: i/o timeout

Config:
Debian 10

Hello,
I’m attempting to create a 2nd node, with a different IP address/router/etc. When doing: identity authorize storagenode ‘my email’:‘my 2nd auth token’, I get the following:

2021/04/12 15:40:10 proto: duplicate proto type registered: node.SigningRequest
2021/04/12 15:40:10 proto: duplicate proto type registered: node.SigningResponse
Error: rpc: dial tcp 35.188.114.190:8888: i/o timeout

How to troubleshoot further/fix?

Cheers,
Greg

Hello @silvernetworks ,
Welcome to the forum!

Please, use a new authorization token and make sure that your firewall does not block the outgoing traffic from the device where you trying to sign the identity.

Hi Alexey,

I’ve tried a new token with the exact same result. The firewall does not block any outbound connections (using default pfSense outbound rule: IPv4/LAN net/star/star/star/star/none/Default allow LAN to any rule).

Cheers,
Greg

Please, try to sign the identity on other device, not behind the pfSense. The error is states, that something blocking packets between your device and authorization server.

Hi Alexey,

You were correct: the issue turned out to be a type-o in the subnet mask configuration of the LAN interface of the pfSense router. Instead of “/24” it was “/1” and causing connectivity issues.

For future reference, the following command was useful in troubleshooting on the affected node:

openssl s_client -showcerts -connect certs.alpha.storj.io:8888

Cheers,
Greg

I get the same error but i dont think the problem is in my side. It seems http://certs.alpha.storj.io:8888/ is offline

this is not working, i tried from 3 different locations:
telnet certs.alpha.storj.io:8888 or telnet 35.188.114.190 8888

Hello @ivanrk ,
Welcome to the forum!

Please try again

Thank you! It works now.

1 Like