Error updating node - windows CLI

Hi all. I keep getting mail about my node is below the minimum version and i have no incoming traffic. As far as i know, the windows CLI node have automatic update, but if i look at the storagenode-updater.log, i found the following error:
“2023-09-12T18:37:02+02:00 ERROR Error updating service. {“Service”: “storagenode”, “error”: “timeout”, “errorVerbose”: “timeout\n\tmain.serviceWaitForState:172\n\tmain.restartService:73\n\tmain.update:68\n\tmain.loopFunc:31\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:99\n\tmain.cmdRun:136\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:399\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:417\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:852\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:960\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:897\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomOptions:113\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfigAndLogger:79\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:74\n\tstorj.io/private/process.Exec:64\n\tmain.(*service).Execute.func1:56\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:75”}”

How can i fix it?
Thank you

Hello @emmanueleF,
Welcome to the forum!

Do you really mean CLI? If it’s a docker, that you may just stop and remove the container, pull the latest image, then run it back with all your parameters.

docker stop -t 300 storagenode
docker rm storagenode
docker pull storjlabs/storagenode

then docker run with all your parameters.

If you mean the GUI version actually (Windows service), then you need to stop the storagenode service either from the Services applet, or from the elevated PowerShell:

Stop-Service storagenode

If this fail, you should kill the storagenode.exe process from the Tasks Manager or from the elevated PowerShell:

Stop-Process storagenode.exe

After that you need to restart the storagenode-updater service either from the Services applet or from the elevated PowerShell:

Restart-Service storagenode-updater

It should update the storagenode.
On the edge case you always can download the latest msi and upgrade the existing node.

2 Likes