Error when trying to : How do I setup static mount via /etc/fstab for Linux?

I need some help. I am SUPER new to this. I have been trying to follow the setup directions on my server and got to the : How do I setup static mount via /etc/fstab for Linux? part of the directionns and now getting an error when doing SUDO MOUNT -A I am getting an error that says “mount: /mnt/storjstuff: unknown filesystem type ‘<LVM2_member>’” can someone please help me. This is very confusing.

can you post the contents of you /etc/fstab? Minus any credentials.

If you see something in angle brackets in a howto it usually needs to be replaced with the real values without the brackets. Also you seem to use LVM and put one of the LVM members in the fstab. You need to put the logical volume in the fstab and where you have <LVM2_member> at the moment you have to put the filesystem. The logical volume should be something like /dev/mapper/...

I tried to re-boot the server and getting all kinds of ERRORS it says in Emergency mode press CONT-D to cont. Did that 2x now wont let me go any further. At this point my Frustration level is super high. I am willing to pay someone to help me via Telegram chat with step by step install assistance. I don’t have a lot of $$$ but I could offer like $40 for the step by step install on ubuntu. If someone can do it on Sunday that would be great just let me know how to get ahold of you on telegram somehow. not sure if there is a way to PM me here but if so please let me know if you are willing to help. Thanks in advance.

You’ve been asked to post your fstab here, but chose to ignore it and reboot with a broken fstab instead.

In recovery mode don’t press CTRL+D, press ENTER instead and you will be in a root shell. There you edit the fstab with nano /etc/fstab and put a # in front of the line you added and reboot.

1 Like

I was able to get to a point now where i am and did the :

docker run --rm -e SETUP=“true”
–user $(id -u):$(id -g)
–mount type=bind,source=“”,destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source=“”,destination=/app/config
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

I did replace the the info needed in the directories where they are located BUT now after running that command I get

Error: open /app/config/config.yaml3725284116: permission denied

why? and also it says there is only 2TB allocated I have 9tb that I would like to allocate how do i change that as well … Thanks for putting up with me.

1 Like

In the future, please don’t double post the same question.

Thanks.