Errors in L1 payments (storj pays less than it promises)

In July my wallet in L1 network received less than the expected $160 according to the data from the node, and $149 came at the exchange rate at the TIME OF RECEIPT because storj sent a slow transaction. According to the coin price chart, it can be seen that the payout rate is not the actual ~ $0.75, but the peak ~ $0.8.

Chronology:

1. Storj initiated the payment to the L1 chain (!!!): Explore zkSync L2 Blockchain | zkSync Block Explorer on 2022-07-07 23:36:33 UTC

2. The transaction was executed on the L1 network: Ethereum Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | Etherscan in Jul-08-2022 05 :04:46 AM +UTC

I did not write about this until the next payments in the hope of correcting the error and compensation, but nothing was credited to me in the new payment for their mistake. The most disgusting thing here is that when storj paid more than it should, there were no payments for the next month.

I have the impression because it looks like zkSync charges a transaction fee of ($160-$149) $11

This is not the transaction price. This is the difference in the exchange rate at the time when the payment was initiated and the date of actual receipt. During this time, the exchange rate has changed a lot not in favor of the recipient.

1 Like

Storj teeam cant control the exchange course. for example, I gom money yesterday, and exchanged it in the morning, and got something about 10+ $ more than expected. So it is up to you when you exchange your money. Also i opted to ZK syng and got additional 10% then will cover some transaction fees and small disbalance. Stoj teeam dont have crystal ball to know, will exchange rate will be higher or lower.

2 Likes

Yes, but they can control transaction speed because ~6h delay is not normal (0-1h is normal)/

on ZKsync i got within a minuts, but withdraw to L1, took several h.
and it cant be controled.

1 Like

And I prefer use my L1 wallet without zksync :slight_smile:

As I read above you can clearly see that its a L2 to L1 transaction. An excerpt from zksync docs:

A withdrawal takes 10 minutes to 7 hours , depending on the usage of the zkSync network.

So everything is as expected. You just got unlucky this time :wink:

3 Likes

it sucks to get paid before crashes or minor drops in prices, but it happens… nobody is complaining when the value is going up :smiley:

6 Likes