Exit before 15 months

Hello there,

I’ve got a node running for 6 months, but because of the fee changes it is not profitable anymore.
A graceful exit is not possible yet, and I see no reason in letting it run at a loss for 9 months.

Is there any option apart from just pulling the plug?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum @DjVampire !

There is no other option but to pull the plug. How much storage does your node use ?

Unfortunate. It’s a 1TB disk

Disk can be 22TB, I meant how much Storj data your node holds.

It’s almost full so maybe 900G

0.88TB to be precise

Sadly, you would have to delete it all. I hope when the time is right you would start another node. You could use Storj as your cloud storage or recommend it to others. I wish you all the very best for your future :slight_smile:

wait, what? i thought You can do Gratefullexit just after 6 months? but NOT before 6month. So He should be able to?

That’s what I thought too, but I read the docs again:

The Storage node has joined the satellite more than 15 months ago (this requirement was temporarily reduced to 6 months, but the required wait time may be changed as needed).

I probably missed that was

You can start graceful exit and the prompt should tell you if your node is eligible for GE or not. Then you can decide.

1 Like

may be i am wrong but, as i remember GE on remastering so it not working now.

You are not allowed to initiate graceful exit on satellite for next amount of months:
Error: You are not allowed to graceful exit on some of provided satellites

Not possible for next amount of months unfortunately :wink:

Notice this wording - it likely refers to US2 and EU2 - the two decomm test sats. I would try a GE on Saltlake on its own.

It’s working. I just GE last week on Saltlake.
You ca GE after 6 months.

1 Like

Hello @DjVampire,
Welcome to the forum!

It should put the eligible date to the log, unless you changed logs to the console (stdout or stderr) when you invoke this command with the --log.output flag.

If your node is 6 months old, on 7th month the GE should be available (the age is calculated relatively to the start date, if your node is started on a particular satellite 2023-03-13 12:03, the GE should be available after 2023-09-13 12:03 for that satellite).
You should also see the age on your dashboard in the Payout History for each satellite on the Payout information page.