Fatal error with node

Hi All,

From yesterday i didn’t see any updates on my dashboard when clicked refresh button. I restarted the node and now it don’t want start again. Please see below log:

2023-04-18T18:04:27.491+0100 INFO Configuration loaded {“Location”: “C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\config.yaml”}
2023-04-18T18:04:27.494+0100 INFO Anonymized tracing enabled
2023-04-18T18:04:27.499+0100 INFO Operator email {“Address”: “"}
2023-04-18T18:04:27.499+0100 INFO Operator wallet {“Address”: "
”}
2023-04-18T18:04:27.520+0100 FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: “Error starting master database on storagenode: database: bandwidth opening file "D:\\bandwidth.db" failed: file is not a database\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*DB).openDatabase:331\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*DB).openExistingDatabase:308\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*DB).openDatabases:283\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.OpenExisting:250\n\tmain.cmdRun:193\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:377\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:395\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:852\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:960\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:897\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfigAndLogger:92\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:74\n\tstorj.io/private/process.Exec:64\n\tmain.(*service).Execute.func1:61\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:75”, “errorVerbose”: “Error starting master database on storagenode: database: bandwidth opening file "D:\\bandwidth.db" failed: file is not a database\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*DB).openDatabase:331\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*DB).openExistingDatabase:308\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*DB).openDatabases:283\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.OpenExisting:250\n\tmain.cmdRun:193\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:377\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:395\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:852\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:960\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:897\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfigAndLogger:92\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:74\n\tstorj.io/private/process.Exec:64\n\tmain.(*service).Execute.func1:61\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:75\n\tmain.cmdRun:195\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:377\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:395\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:852\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:960\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:897\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfigAndLogger:92\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:74\n\tstorj.io/private/process.Exec:64\n\tmain.(*service).Execute.func1:61\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:75”}

Could you please help me to resolve this issue?

Regards

your DB is damedged. Also looks osmething with your config, it wont see walet address and email, may be you changed something there?

I just removed my email and wallet address and replaced it with stars when copied over here.

Is any chance to repair db and make the node running again ?

if you delete db you will lose some statistics only, income will be same, and it will make new ones.
or you can try move them to other location. if all ok after delete them

Should I remove only bandwidth.db or all databases ?

try move to other location all dbs, then if all start to work, change back all except bandwidth

1 Like

It looks like this worked
Will need to try to get some software to create backups automatically ie 6h to prevent this to happen again.

Thanks for your help

dbs are only for stats, no need to waste time for backups.

1 Like

You may use an integrated Windows Backup feature called Backup using File History, here you can provide folders for backup. If you add a Storj DCS bucket as a storage, they will be backed up to Storj DCS (you may mount the bucket with rclone mount as a folder or disk).

You need to add a data location folder (you will see *.db files there) and exclude all subfolders (blobs, trash, temp, garbage).
You need to exclude at least blobs folder, because here is your node’s data and backup of them is useless - as soon as you restore blobs from the backup copy - your node will be disqualified for losing data since backup.