Feb. 8 Update on SNO Payouts and High Ethereum Gas Prices

Hello @oc149,
Welcome to the forum!

The wire transfers of USD are not possible for everyone in the world. In some countries it even illegal.
So, the token as a medium is a better fit for many countries.
You can also read this thread

Regarding ability to pay yourself the fee - this is what the L2 would give you - you will decide when you want withdraw your tokens and with what fee. This is also the answer on suggestion to have a configurable threshold like in mining pool.
The other way - is just wait when the threshold got reached.

There is one main point, missed by many of us - yes, it’s cool when you can receive the payout every month. But the real question - would we transfer them to exchange with such a crazy fee? I personally will think twice and maybe will wait for lower fee.
I personally sell them maybe once a year. So for me personally it doesn’t makes any difference - I would not sell them right after receiving anyway, especially with so high fee to transfer my funds to exchange it could eat up to 25% of my potential earning.
But I cannot suggest that of course, everyone have an own thoughts on that. I just wonder - do we (SNO) ever thinking about that?
If it’s about the trust - then you can see the prove on blockchain - the StorjLabs paying every month, but less transfers because of threshold:

2 Likes