File or directory not found error: open identity/identity.cert: no such file or directory

You can run more nodes - each on own HDD with own unique identity and own authorization token. If you do not have any additional HDD you do not need to run a second node.
All nodes behind the same /24 subnet of public IPs are treated as a one node for uploads and as a separate ones for audit and uptime checks. You will not receive more traffic than only one node.
Each new node must be vetted. While vetting the node can receive only 5% of potential traffic until got vetted. To be vetted on one satellite it should pass 100 audits for it. For the one node it should take at least a month.
For multiple nodes the vetting can take longer in the same amount of times as a number of nodes behind the same /24 subnet of public IP.
So it’s better to run a next node only when a previous one almost full, in this case the vetting process will not take forever.

@Alexey thanks for answering, I undersntand how to make the nod run on public network, is there any tutorian on run multiple nodes in a private network https://storj.github.io/core/tutorial-private-testnet.html doesn’t provide too many details how the configuration should be done on these nodes, and if there is the same storage restriction as in public storage network.

This is the only tutorial we have. It’s useful to build an application to interact with the Tardigrade network at the end (you have a whole Storj network there - satellite, storagenodes, s3 gateway and uplink).

Hello,
Docker starts up but when I check if it’s started this is the answer:

Error response from daemon: Container daee96496d60b520f9e6defc9ce71322defe32703554de3aa79fe9f6be7aac0d is restarting, wait until the container is running

Log:

2020-09-09T01:10:34.352Z INFO Configuration loaded {“Location”: “/app/config/config.yaml”}
2020-09-09T01:10:34.353Z FATAL Failed to load identity. {“error”: “file or directory not found error: open identity/identity.cert: no such file or directory”, “errorVerbose”: “file or directory not found error: open identity/identity.cert: no such file or directory\n\tstorj.io/common/identity.Config.Load:329\n\tmain.cmdRun:141\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:353\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:371\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:840\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:945\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:885\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:88\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecCustomDebug:70\n\tmain.main:330\n\truntime.main:203”}

You litterally have an entire post about the same exact topic why are you reposting the same errors you got the first time in another post? Installed my first node. Does not start

2 Likes

I know. But now the installation has been done on raspberry 4. I followed the same suggestions of the previous post but without success. I keep getting the same mistake. Then I have a doubt.
in the string:

–name storagenode storjlabs / storagenode: latest

should i change latest with arm?

No, Go back to your old post its exactly the same problem.

1 Like

ok.

What do I do here?

–name storagenode storjlabs / storagenode: latest

should i change latest with arm?

You should not change anything in the image tag, but put the right directory to your docker run command.
The container can’t find the path specified.

Ho risolto il probelma

Congratulazioni! Cosa c’era esattamente che non andava?