File or directory not found error: open identity/identity.cert: no such file or directory

My node always restart.
Centos log

config file

container

CA file

Have you followed the documentation exactly given here https://documentation.storj.io/ ?

Why are you using port 6601 ?

Why are you using -v option for identity and storage ?

I change my port following installation document .
buy still found some issue

Your -e address has wrong port. Show contents of /.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode

1 Like

/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode

Should be

~/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode

already change configuration following document.
but node always restart

update config

Your identity is not signed, follow the documentation for the same

Use -v instead of --mount bcos older version of docker.

-v syntax is different from --mount

Therefore, change it to
-v /root/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode:/app/identity
-v /full/path/storj:/app/config

Wally

Welcome to the community @wa11y!

This is quite an old topic, so I hope the OP has already got everything to work. But I would like to respond and say that people should definitely NOT use the -v mounting options. The syntax may be simpler, but it’s much more dangerous since you risk starting the node without the volume mounted. This leads to data loss and disqualification. The documentation explicitly tells SNOs to not use -v for this reason.

2 Likes

2020-05-10T06:18:09.781Z FATAL Failed to load identity. {“error”: “file or directory not found error: open identity/identity.cert: no such file or directory”, “errorVerbose”: "file or directory not found error: open identity/identity.cert: no such file or directory\n\tstorj.io/common/identity.Config.Load:329\n\tmain.cmdRun:146\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:344\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:362\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.

My node keeps restarting itself and keeps bugging out giving me this error message. Anyone have a solution to this error? Thanks so much for your time and advice!

You’ve done:
identity.exe create storagenode
and
identity.exe authorize storagenode <email: characterstring>

???

What are you trying to do when you see that error? A screenshot will help.

Please, show your docker run command with any personal information removed.

Hello I have the same issue:
2020-06-17T05:35:45.774Z FATAL Failed to load identity. {“error”: “file or directory not found error: open identity/identity.cert: no such file or directory”, “errorVerbose”: "file or directory not found error: open identity/identity.cert: no such file or directory\n\tstorj.io/common/identity.Config.Load:329\n\tmain.cmdRun:137\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:359\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:377\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:840\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.

This is my docker command, any help will be appreciated:
docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300
-p 28967:28967
-p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002
-e WALLET=“0xXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX”
-e EMAIL="cri.zaq.cri@gmail.com"
-e ADDRESS=“cristorage.ddns.net:28967”
-e BANDWIDTH=“2T”
-e STORAGE=“500GB”
-v type=bind,source="/home/cris/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode",destination=/app/identity
-v type=bind,source="/home/cris/.local/share/storj",destination=/app/config
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:beta

Stop your node immediately and update your docker command using below template.

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300 \
    -p 28967:28967 \
    -p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002 \
    -e WALLET="0xXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" \
    -e EMAIL="user@example.com" \
    -e ADDRESS="domain.ddns.net:28967" \
    -e STORAGE="2TB" \
    --mount type=bind,source="<identity-dir>",destination=/app/identity \
    --mount type=bind,source="<storage-dir>",destination=/app/config \
    --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

It works with --mount instead of -v (I don’t know why it didn’t worke when I have tried with that config previously). Thank you.
Is it possible to create a private network on my local machine (2 dockers?) ?. I need to test storj storage system, but don’t have 500 GB on the same partition and it seems that I am not accepted as a storagenode.