First 100 hours : 90GB. 100 hours since the update: 15GB. Normal?

It seems like the network traffic decreased significantly after the .17 update. Does anyone observe a similar situation? One of the mods mentioned they’re ironing out some bugs. It seems, however, that the update had nigh-catastrophic consequences if my situation is reflective of the network.

I have the following errors occurring regularly when I pull down the logs:

ERROR server rpc error: code = PermissionDenied desc = info requested from untrusted peer
2019-08-19T00:58:47.005Z INFO bandwidth Performing bandwidth usage rollups

2019-08-19T00:59:07.934Z ERROR piecestore:orderssender.118UWpMCHzs6CvSgWd9BfFVjw5K9pZbJjkfZJexMtSkmKxvvAW failed to receive response: rpc error: code = Unavailable desc = transport is closing

2019-08-19T00:59:07.934Z ERROR piecestore:orderssender.118UWpMCHzs6CvSgWd9BfFVjw5K9pZbJjkfZJexMtSkmKxvvAW failed to settle orders {“error”: “order: failed to receive response: rpc error: code = Unavailable desc = transport is closing”, “errorVerbose”: “order: failed to receive response: rpc error: code = Unavailable desc = transport is closing\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/orders.(*Sender).settle.func3:240\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/orders.(*Sender).settle:249\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/orders.(*Sender).Settle:155\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/orders.(*Sender).runOnce.func2:138\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

Hi @kuprov

This is normal situation, after upgrade to new storage node versions all SNO have 72 hours for complete upgrade. During this period traffic is very low.

Also same situation for me. Traffic dropped to 1GB/day or so after the update. This didn’t happen with the last few updates (and I don’t think it’s the 72 hour window Odmin mentioned, especially as it’s over 72 hours since the update started), but imagine it’s due to the bugs or whatever that the mod mentioned. It’s not just you (it’s at least you and me!)…

Ah, good to know I’m not the only one. I was beginning to worry, because the 72 hour update window should’ve been closed two days ago. I’ll stop worrying for now. I guess so long as all my audits pass, it should all be fine.

Traffic isn’t constant, it drops from time to time. But as long as you see transfers at all from time to time your node is fine. No need to worry about these drops.

1 Like