Folder archive filled with orders. Is this messing with my node uptime?

Last time (‎5 ‎November) there was 308 orders in the \orders\archive folder and today there are 816 orders.
Are all these archived orders, unsent orders?
Are these archived orders messing with my node uptime?

I used PowerShell to check orders and I did not find any issue. Please help, Thank you.

1 Like

No. They are archived after being submitted. They get deleted after 7 days. You can safely ignore them.

They won’t affect uptime.

1 Like

Then why my node uptime is getting down slowly everyday?
My node Uptime was above 99% on all satellites.

I am wondering the same. I am trying to figure it out too. In the past 14 hours my uptime went down by 0.3%.

Do you have failed downloads ?

1 Like

I’m using the GUI windows version. How to check for failed downloads?

Search for download failed in your log

In PowerShell it would be something like

Get-Content <path to your log file> | sls "download failed"

I found a lot of “Download Failed” mentioned in the log. What I must do to prevent this?

1 Like

I found out that the online % isn’t real time. If your node was offline it will affect online %. It won’t be related to orders or file download failure.

How long was your node down before current run ?

1 Like

My node run 24/7, I recently restarted my node to get version v1.16.1. At the start of the month I got the unsent order issue. My uptime went down, trying to fix the issue. But still its taking a long time for the uptime to go back up!

This is the reason for the decrease in your online %. It will take time to get back to up. Make sure your downtime is as low as possible.

Yes, the review interval - is a next 30 days.

1 Like

Can i delete files from that archive folder? its bloating up to 1,5GB, and i dont have much more space on C:/ can i delete that already? safely

May i ask why do you have not even 1.5 GB free on C:?
Are some orders older than 7days?
Something messed up way before.

As far as i know you can define the path for the orders in the config.yaml too.
I remember reading here about that.

1 Like

Yes you can. The default orders archive deletion interval is 168h, but you may delete them right away unless they are not younger than 48h (when they still can be submitted to be paid).

1 Like

Thanks! And may i know please, why archive folder is going back up to 7 days?
but valid, are only the ones from last 2 days?
With current ingress traffic, which is like 3 times bigger than normally (hooray!)
1 day is like ~250MB of archived files. In such scenario a node have always a 5 days of these, which seems useless, and takes like ~ 1GB of precious disk space. (often at C:/, often a SSD disk).
I just recently added more C: space to nodes,
and was surprised that just after 7 days, 1,65GB of it is GONE and is just siting in form of archive folder! And which 5/7 of them i can safely delete, DO’h.
Is theres a settings somewhere to set archive to gather not more than i dont know, 3 days of files not 7?

1 Like

Default values, you may change at least an orders archival interval.
I doesn’t have an idea how these archives could be used.

1 Like

ooh Yes!
storage2.orders.archive-ttl: 168h0m0s

was set in config.yaml file, thx i will change to 68h

May you ask someone who knows?

I will not fuck up the node when sats use the backup databases or something…

Of course I did, but we will likely get an answer after holidays.
I can only guess, but you definitely can unarchive orders to submit them again, if we had managed to kill a satellite database and would be forced to restore from a backup, we would need to collect all missing information back from nodes - from the orders archive, from the trash, etc.
But if the orders archive would be empty, you will not be paid and we will not be able to charge customers for this usage, so we both will lose this money.

lol but in such extreme scenariuo of lost satelite database, then an archive from last whole month (up to 31 days) should be keept by a nodes, in order to get paid, right? lol