Forum's Storj logo not visible in dark mode

I’m a lover of the old logo, guilty.
For me it was like this - it explains that the cloud is distributed (see dots outside of the cloud? and it’s a cloud)… But. Ok, now the cloud is obvious and also it’s - protected (the dome), but you do not see a one of the key feature - it’s distributed. And since the dome is not finished (it’s not a sphere), it leave me grounded, but covered by a dome in the sky.

It looks a lot like the application I use to control air conditioners

Screenshot 2024-04-16 110854

1 Like

This!
"Form follows function " - Louis Sullivan

The issues of graphic design suitable for small digital display literally changed the field of logo design in a similar way needing an available domain name changed naming businesses.

3 Likes

Here’s some pointers :grin::

The old logo looked fine. The new logo looks fine.

In a month I’ll have forgotten they even changed it.

2 Likes

Well, strangers don’t give a rats a… about how Storj looks and performs, but we, as interested parties, we care about every aspect, including performance, visual aspects, clients perception, etc., because we strive to make Storj better and better. That’s why we applaud what we like and criticize what we don’t, in order to give Storj Inc an useful feedback for impruvements.
Anyways… why do we need a fluffy cloud on Storj logo anyway? This all Cloud storage dogma it’s already implied when you store files on a provider’s system using the internet, this days. The novelty of cloud storage is already old news.
The NEWS are Decentralised Trustless Encrypted Storage!
What we use for it? HDDs!
How they are connected? Internet!
Where are they located? Everywere!
So a disk and a spiderweb whould be more catchy. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I would say, that the old logo is explained that better:

But… I’m here perhaps for a too long and I need to change my mind… seems… and convince myself which symbol reflects Storj better…

However it was the same when we introduced a Tardigrade brand.
I like every live being… but. this cloud with dots outside of it makes me more confident, sorry…

2 Likes

At least we can still enjoy the old logo in Dashboard.

Ha! Safari likes the old ways! :sunglasses:

I think it’s a cache.

I always support Storage’s progress. :slight_smile:

Me too, when it’s progress. :wink:

Nope! I cleared the cache, relaunched Safari on iPhone; even on the 101.3 version it’s still the old one.

I did a little CSS trick :nerd_face: The new logo isn’t incorporated in the dashboard yet.

2 Likes

Another very similar logo

Cattura

Both eu1.storj.io and link.storjshare.io still have the old logo in the favicon.

To who it may concern :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for noticing !
I’ll pass on the issues.

3 Likes

I found them in the sourcecode archive on Github, so I’ll put them here for posterity, to let our grand grand children understand why we are fighting about:

logo

1 Like

You are breaking my heart… This logo is so familiar to me… :cry:
Despite the fact that this article is stored on Storj too…

1 Like