Geofencing and advanced placement-constraint support #4227

This sounds very interesting and is very much needed.

Depending on the implementation, my main suggestion would be to make different selections available for the customer:

• Selection by regulation he has to comply to (e.g. GDPR): The idea would be that all he has to do is to check a checkbox ‘GDPR’ in the GUI and region/country selection is made automatically for him.
  • Selection by country: We saw it in the thread regarding the french health system that there are cases where specifying e.g. EU as region is not enough and country specific storage is required. I can also tell from the German perspective that for certain use cases like the entire public sector storage in Germany would be more appealing or even required.
  • Selection by broader regions (maybe with option to exclude specific countries where you don’t want to have your data stored under any circumstances. I hate to say it, but China, Russia, Iran, Turkey could be such countries from a German perspective.)

Anyways I believe such a feature could justify a premium if a customer enables it for a bucket.

3 Likes