All the Storj solution in local network

Hello again and “Vive la France” :fr: !
We are practically neighbors as I am from Germany.
In Germany we also tend to be rather skeptical to move data to the cloud. Even more if it is personal data like health data etc. and there is always the GDPR that has to complied to.

I just googled a bit about the situation in France and found an interesting read that there were plans to build a National Health Data Hub hosted on Microsoft Azure but France data regulator CNIL has recommended to avoid American companies totally due to European Court ruling that the EU-US Data Protection Shield is invalid?
And therefore now that Hub will resp. has to be build with national or at least European providers. I wasn’t really aware of that courts decision and potential consequences but it is interesting.

On the other hand Storj is an American company but all data is encrypted before upload and only the users are holding the keys to the data. So normally the Storj storage model would be a natural fit for customers who want or need privacy. And users with additional privacy demands could always pre-encrypt data before upload for additional security.
Unfortunately Storj does not support node selection by regions, which would be a great help in GDPR related matters, if customer would be able to choose the region where their data is allowed to be stored, But maybe this will be implemented if there is demand for it by customers:

Storj DCS compliance with GDPR and others have been asked many times in the past. Just recently again and has been answered as follows:

In those privacy regards, maybe also the recent Storj DCS Webinar gives you some additional information:

Well thanks for your insights. I would like to bring those privacy/GDPR/compliance related skepticism to the attention of @John (COO) once more but also to marketing/product (@bre , @sorendanielson) and @keleffew (business development) who might have further facts or ideas how your management could be get interested into the Storj DCS approach of decentralized storage rather than building their own solution.

1 Like