Getting my IPs in a twist

I’m installing Storj again (after two years) just moved country and having the same problems.

I am showing offline and misconfigured.
I am really getting my IPs in a mixed up.

sudo docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300
-p 28967:28967/tcp
-p 28967:28967/udp
-p 14002:14002
-e WALLET=“biglongwallet address”
-e EMAIL=“craig???.com”
-e ADDRESS=“NOIPaddressXX.ddns.net
-e STORAGE=“12TB”
–mount type=bind,source=“/volume1/docker/storj/identity”,destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source=“/volume1/docker/storj/data”,destination=/app/config
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

I think I have updated my router but not sure if I am using the right Private IP address.

1 Like

What do your logs show?
Have you remembered to update your No-IP address to your current public IP?

2024/05/17 13:23:28 stdout 2024-05-17T06:23:28Z ERROR nodestats:cache Get held amount query failed {“Process”: “storagenode”, “error”: “payouts service: node not found: 122tjXVwJD3FEkMeSiSU3Gp3bEQwuLbuPEDuatbfq1RqzzypAPx; payouts service: node not found: 122tjXVwJD3FEkMeSiSU3Gp3bEQwuLbuPEDuatbfq1RqzzypAPx; payouts service: node not found: 122tjXVwJD3FEkMeSiSU3Gp3bEQwuLbuPEDuatbfq1RqzzypAPx; payouts service: node not found: 122tjXVwJD3FEkMeSiSU3Gp3bEQwuLbuPEDuatbfq1RqzzypAPx”, “errorVerbose”: “group:\n— payouts service: node not found: 122tjXVwJD3FEkMeSiSU3Gp3bEQwuLbuPEDuatbfq1RqzzypAPx\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/payouts.(*Endpoint).GetPaystub:73\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).CacheHeldAmount.func1:249\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).satelliteLoop:306\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).CacheHeldAmount:241\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).Run.func3:143\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:99\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:77\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:78\n— payouts service: node not found: 122tjXVwJD3FEkMeSiSU3Gp3bEQwuLbuPEDuatbfq1RqzzypAPx\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/payouts.(*Endpoint).GetPaystub:73\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).CacheHeldAmount.func1:249\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).satelliteLoop:306\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).CacheHeldAmount:241\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).Run.func3:143\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:99\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:77\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:78\n— payouts service: node not found: 122tjXVwJD3FEkMeSiSU3Gp3bEQwuLbuPEDuatbfq1RqzzypAPx\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/payouts.(*Endpoint).GetPaystub:73\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).CacheHeldAmount.func1:249\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).satelliteLoop:306\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).CacheHeldAmount:241\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).Run.func3:143\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:99\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:77\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:78\n— payouts service: node not found: 122tjXVwJD3FEkMeSiSU3Gp3bEQwuLbuPEDuatbfq1RqzzypAPx\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/payouts.(*Endpoint).GetPaystub:73\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).CacheHeldAmount.func1:249\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).satelliteLoop:306\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).CacheHeldAmount:241\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).Run.func3:143\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:99\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:77\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:78”}

How can I do this? What is my current public ip?

Your router should tell you what your public (WAN) IP address is. Failing that you can try “what is my IP address?” on a search engine and that should hopefully give you a correct answer.

To update your No-IP hostname you can either install the DUC client (if your IP is dynamic, ie. changes frequently) or you can log into your account at www.noip.com and do that manually.

Screenshot 2024-05-17 133137
I have set up NOIP and the desktop app

I have updated my router to the 184.22.65.XXX ip address for port 28967

If you restart the node does it now work?

Restarted using sudo docker restart -t 300 storagenode
Still saying Misconfigured

Have you configured the port forwarding on your router to the node LAN ip address/port?

I dont know. Im not an expert on this (as you can tell)

If its online, ignore misconfigured.

If offline:
Do you have to check the box to enable port forwarding?

Do you have checked your public ip is not cgnat from provider?

There isnt a box on the router set up. I have set this up but unsure what is Public IP and what is Private IP. Both are enabled on the Router.

Hmmmm…. Weird, the screenshots from you router seem OK to me…

What happens if you tick the boxes next to “Enable”?

Have you made the correct port openings in windows?

You’ll need to allow those ports through OS as well.

The Boxes are to select and delete. It doesnt do anything to enable them

I have updated them in the Inbound and Outbound firewall rules.
I am not sure how to update them in the OS.

I thought that might be the case, but it was worth a shot :wink:

I don’t suppose you could paste the FIRST 40 lines of your logs? That’s when it runs all the preflight checks and might say a bit more…

Also, is your IP address a public-facing one or are you behind CG-NAT? What does your router say your IP address is? Does it say 10.xxx.xxx.xxx?

Refer to the portfowarding section of the docs:

Step 3. Setup Port Forwarding - Storj Docs

Long story short:

$YOUR_PORT = 28967
New-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "Storj v3 TCP" -Direction Inbound -Protocol TCP -LocalPort $YOUR_PORT -Action allow
New-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "Storj v3 UDP" -Direction Inbound -Protocol UDP -LocalPort $YOUR_PORT -Action allow

Just tried to set the ports up in SYNOLOGY and get a failed message