Got disqualified from Salt Lake, others just Suspended

Hello,

My node was put in a sleeping state several weeks ago because of a power failure. I did not get any messages from the Storj system until I RESTARTED THE NODE, today.

There are several things wrong with that.

Firstly,

Shouldn’t the system send me the warning email shortly after the node cannot be reached? If the system is capable of detecting (which it is) it should help SNOs to detect that, not keep the information for itself and sending a message after one cannot repair things.

Secondly, why send a message after the node is ONLINE AGAIN? That does not make sense.

Thirdly, messages on different nodes differ, but disqualification seems to be for all nodes.

First message:

"Your Storage Node on the europe-north-1 Satellite was suspended because it was offline too often during audits.

You were suspended on 2021-07-16 at 00:07 UTC."

Second:
"Your Storage Node on the us-central-1 satellite has been disqualified and can no longer host data on the network.

To store data on this satellite again, you’ll need to create a new node."

Third:
"Your Storage Node on the saltlake Satellite was suspended because it was offline too often during audits.

You were suspended on 2021-07-11 at 12:02 UTC."

I did not get a disqualification message from other nodes.

What can I do? Should I just format the data drive and start at the beginning, registering a certificate et cetera?

2 Likes

Hello @hanz , I’ve forwarded your question to the team for some answers.