GUI install error

Have followed the steps to setup a node on my new Windows 10 PC. The setup program keeps crashing / ending prematurely once Ive selected the identity folder “\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity” No logs are created or left as the selected install directory is not created.

Did you create the identity with another Windows user or did you maybe even copy it from another machine? Your currently logged on user (which is used for installation) may not have permissions to access the identity location.

no its a newly created identity, created with the only windows account on this PC.

Hello @Adamthwaite ,
Welcome to the forum!

Did I understand correctly - you trying to install the software into a different location instead of default "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node"?
If so - why?

1 Like

I thought he just points to the identity files in the appdata directory while installing (but that should not acutally crash the installer).

Good point tho

no using standard install options, the only option i customize is the identity location in ‘\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity’

In that case it should be C:\Users\AdamThwaite\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity and it’s a path by default.
I would recommend to move the identity to the storage location as well and select it instead.

yes that’s correct pathing, but still not working.

Please, move it to the data location and select it in the installer.
If you have some antivirus except default Defender, then please add the data location and storagenode installation folder to the exceptions list of your antivirus.
If you disabled the firewall, please, enable it back.

Antivirus disabled, identity files moved but still same issue.

Could you please describe in details when exactly it’s crashed?
Or maybe can you record a video with OBS for example?
I cannot reproduce the crash whatever I doing :confused:
By the way, the firewall must be enabled it’s mandatory requirement for the installer.