Have 0 % UPLOAD success rate!

Hey all,

I looked at my success rate. For two of my RP 4s, which i started in Dec last year, have 0 % UPLOAD success rate! woot woot!

========== AUDIT ==============
Critically failed: 0
Critical Fail Rate: 0.000%
Recoverable failed: 0
Recoverable Fail Rate: 0.000%
Successful: 29
Success Rate: 100.000%
========== DOWNLOAD ===========
Failed: 0
Fail Rate: 0.000%
Canceled: 0
Cancel Rate: 0.000%
Successful: 92
========== UPLOAD =============
Rejected: 0
Acceptance Rate: 0.000%
---------- accepted -----------
Successful: 0
Success Rate: 0.000%
========== REPAIR DOWNLOAD ====
Successful: 37
========== REPAIR UPLOAD ======
========== DELETE =============

For my third RP 4, which I started at the end of last month, I have a 15 % success rate. I think the first two have been saturated with test data. Is it true? In that case I will probably do a graceful exit since my 3rd RP has almost generated my profit that the first two combined.

Try to start a script with sudo.
If you have moved your logs to the external location, you should specify the path as a parameter for the script.

Thanks Alexey, of course i used sudo. I also specified the correct location of my logs. (when i wasn’t doing this it returned 0 % for all of the stats). My third node stats make sense.

Upload Success Rate: 0.000%

It is when you have no more disk space

1 Like

You have 0 uploads, is your node full?

3 Likes

So technically it should be 100% success :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a division by 0. Technically it shouldn’t be anything.

depends on who you ask… some would argue that division by 0 is a magnitude of infinite.

also can’t his node be suspended… if memory serves that also stops uploads and only allowed downloads…

Yes, but they would be wrong. If you approach division by 0 from positive numbers it goes towards infinity, but do the same thing from negative numbers and it will go towards negative infinity. So unless you think negative infinity is equal to infinity, it can’t be either. It’s undefined.

It’s possible. Suspended, disqualified and full could explain why you get no uploads. But I would assume the alert about that on the web dashboard would have stood out more than the success rate if that were the cae.

thats a good argument, maybe there are two infinities there…
proving it… well that is most likely rather tricky since nobody has done so yet… :smiley:
division by zero is one of those things that we kinda just skip… ofc zero is an invention so maybe thats why math stop making sense when be use it by itself.

Missed opportunity, you should have countered my argument with the Riemann sphere!

Anyway, let’s get back on track. I mentioned disqualification in my previous post, but that can’t be the reason as there are still downloads.

1 Like

Yes. My nodes are full.

1 Like

That’s a bit strange… I don’t have room for downloads, ok… but I can still upload no?

1 Like

up- and download is always from the perspective of the customer.

1 Like

upload and download are the same for all parties in their logs…
so uploads in your logs are customer uploads to you…
i find it easier to just call it ingress and egress :smiley: less confusion

@BrightSilence not that familiar with that particular riemann work, will look that up tho… to infinity and beyond lol

1 Like