- RAID is unnecessary because the network ensures data integrity
- Run a separate node for each hard drive so drive failure doesn’t take down any more than the payouts and data already lost.
- At least 50% of your SNO earnings will always be held back without a graceful exit.
- All hard drives eventually fail.
- You will always lose at least 50% of your SNO earnings.
The only logical step to take is to perform a graceful exit at 15 months to claim all your SNO earnings. Followed by creating new node on the same hardware, repeating the cycle every 15 months until the hard drive fails.
Unless you’re getting SMART errors, you have no idea a drive is dying. By the time you get SMART errors you may already be so close to failure that you’ve already lost data, failed audits, and the node disqualified OR the drive will fail even before a graceful exit can be completed.