HELP i cant get my node online - ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed

yes, just make sure it’s correctly updated to the public IP. Because it’s still resolved as a private IP.

Hi everyone, I already have two nodes on a nas working with docker. I’m trying to set up a new node on windows 11 pro with gui but I can’t seem to go online.

I’ve opened ports on the router,

set up rules in and out on the windows firewall, storagenode.exe was created by the application
inbound

outbound

installed DUC for no ip,
noip

but the port on YouGetSignal is always closed

These are the ports in use according to Currport

Stop/Shutdown request received

meaning that something stopped the service.
You need to search for FATAL errors, which could lead to a service stopping, being offline is just a consequence.

I don’t have Fatal, now I’m trying docker, I’ve been going crazy for two days.
The mistake is this

ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {"Satellite ID": "12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs", "attempts": 1, "error": "ping satellite: failed to ping storage node, your node indicated error code: 0, rpc: tcp connector failed: rpc: dial tcp 151.24.35.74:28969: connect: connection timed out", "errorVerbose": "ping satellite: failed to ping storage node, your node indicated error code: 0, rpc: tcp connector failed: rpc: dial tcp 151.24.35.74:28969: connect: connection timed out\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:209\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:157\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:99\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:77\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:75"}

So I guess it’s port forwarding

Or the Windows Firewall. I would suggest to check both. By the way, you need to add two rules to the Firewall: Step 3. Setup Port Forwarding - Storj Docs

The cause should be windows
But if I use port 28969 the command is as follows?:

New-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName “Storj v3 TCP” -Direction Inbound -Protocol TCP -LocalPort 28969 -Action allow

And do I have to give it outbound as well?

Port 28967 and 28968 are in use on the others nodes

You also need to allow UDP

New-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "Storj v3 UDP" -Direction Inbound -Protocol UDP -LocalPort 28969 -Action allow

Outbound should be not existing or disabled, otherwise you would need to add an allowance rule to connect to any host and port.

1 Like

Damn windows, with Docker I did it right away

But I turned off the firewall, after more time I’ll fight it

1 Like
$YOUR_OPEN_PORT = "28968"

# Remove old rules; create new rules; restart node
Get-NetFirewallRule | where DisplayName -match "Storj" | Remove-NetFirewallRule
New-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "Storj v3 TCP" -Direction Inbound -Protocol TCP -LocalPort $YOUR_OPEN_PORT -Action allow
New-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "Storj v3 UDP" -Direction Inbound -Protocol UDP -LocalPort $YOUR_OPEN_PORT -Action allow
Get-Service Storagenode | Restart-Service

# Show status of node to operator
Write-Host "`n"
Get-Service Storagenode
Start-Sleep -seconds 2

# Get running logs from node
Start-Sleep -seconds 2
Get-Content "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.log" -tail 25 -wait

Try this, instead of disabling the windows firewall entirely. It’ll puch two holes in the existing firewall on UDP and TCP on your selected port.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try as soon as I get home

1 Like