High cpu and disk load after Synology DSM update

Dear Colleagues

Last night I updated the Synology 1618+ Nas from a rather old version DSM 7.1 to the latest version 7.2.1.
It runs two Storj nodes under docker on two separate Seagate exos x16 16TB disks with ext4 file system.
NODE1 is on drive2 and is 14TB in size (so far full, now 1.2TB in the trash for known reasons)
NODE2 is on diver5 and 4TB is half full
Before the Synology update, the system worked with good performance with enough disk and cpu load, storj version 1.97

After a reboot, Node1 puts an extreme load on the cpu and mostly on the disk.
Storj version 1.99.
Node2 version 1.97

Is this the load due to the large size and filewalker work, or can I perhaps do something about hardening it?

It is positive that the QUIC connection, which has not been working for months, has been fixed, everything is green.

You can’t really judge any performance changes until the used-space filewalker completes. Maybe watch the logs to see when it completes… then check the graphs again?

1 Like

I was a bit impatient, the resource usage was settled in a day and a half.
According to them, filewalker loads for a day and a half after each version is updated and restarted.
The only thing that bothered me was that my other docker applications, innodb and grafana, were also very slow.
Thanks

1 Like